U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:00 PM

25 posts, read 151,468 times

Advertisements

Very excited...moving from South Florida to Thousand Oaks and I hear it is a great place to live...safe...lots to do...etc...and in the Northridge Quake they had no major damage as they are not on the direct fault line. THe weather seams perfect...pretty dry...and sunny ...Love to hear more from people who know it better than I. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 12:39 PM

4,610 posts, read 9,679,752 times
I used to live in Thousand Oaks, just moved 2 years ago away (retired to Texas but coming back to California ASAP). I lived in T.O. since the 70's. It is a nice and safe area. Only about 20 minutes to the beach. If you want to go to the beach you can take Kanan Rd in Agoura to Malibu or the 101 north to the beaches in Oxnard or Ventura. A nice beach to go to if you have a family is in Oxnard "Hollywood Beach" (I lived there for 3.5 years oceanfront). There are lifeguard stands and a restroom and it is very nice and safe (parking might be a issue there though. I do not know if you have kids but the schools are all great in Thousand Oaks. The people are very friendly. If you want to know anything else just ask. Good Luck and enjoy!

Last edited by Roma; 01-23-2007 at 12:53 PM..

Old 01-23-2007, 12:41 PM

989 posts, read 5,131,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenB View Post
Very excited...moving from South Florida to Thousand Oaks and I hear it is a great place to live...safe...lots to do...etc...and in the Northridge Quake they had no major damage as they are not on the direct fault line. THe weather seams perfect...pretty dry...and sunny ...Love to hear more from people who know it better than I. Thanks!

You are incredibly fortunate to live in Thousand Oaks. I'm sure many of us would love to experience to good life up there in the Conejo Valley. Does life get much better; perfect weather, low crime, and sunshine? Morgan-Quito rated Thousand Oaks as the Safest city 100,000+. Personally, I see it the city remaining that way for a long-time to come.

Drive along gorgeous open-space along Kanan Dume Rd. to Malibu to watch the sunset. Take a dip, and enjoy the good-life. You deserve it my friend. Hey, Save me a spot on your couch!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:52 PM

Something else I wanted to add is when you live in Thousand Oaks you are connected with Westlake, Agoura and Calabasas to just name a few. You will find that you do not even notice when you cross into the next town. You will shop in all of these towns and go to dinner in all. You will socialize with all the people from these areas which makes your conection to people even more nicer. The 101 freeway runs right thru these areas so you just jump on the freeway and go.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 PM

Thanks all...i'm also fortunate enough to be working in T.O. as well...I haven't spent much time there yet so your imput is much appreciated. I will be opening an office for Edward Jones Investments and interacting alot with the residents which I understand have lots of money . I will be visiting next week to find an apartment..It seems I'm looking at about 1500 to 1700 for a nice one bedroom...steep but manageable! Can't wait!!! THanks again!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Hi, Do not only look at apartments for rent but also look at condos and townhomes. Alot of people rent them out there for investments purposes, which I am sure in your field you know all about. And yes there is lots of money there in that whole area but the people are very very friendly too. Most people in that whole area work hard and play by the rules and walk the straight and narrow. They now are living the rewards from that. So I am sure you will do right by them, they are good people.

Last edited by Roma; 01-23-2007 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-23-2007, 02:11 PM

1,868 posts, read 4,939,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I used to live in Thousand Oaks, just moved 2 years ago away (retired to Texas but coming back to California ASAP). I lived in T.O. since the 70's. It is a nice and safe area. Only about 20 minutes to the beach. If you want to go to the beach you can take Kanan Rd in Agoura to Malibu or the 101 north to the beaches in Oxnard or Ventura. A nice beach to go to if you have a family is in Oxnard "Hollywood Beach" (I lived there for 3.5 years oceanfront). There are lifeguard stands and a restroom and it is very nice and safe (parking might be a issue there though. I do not know if you have kids but the schools are all great in Thousand Oaks. The people are very friendly. If you want to know anything else just ask. Good Luck and enjoy!
Wow.....we actually have something in common Roma!! lol I use to live in Agoura Hills right off Reyes Adobe Road......Rainbowcrest Drive to be exact. I miss it too!! If I were to live in Cali again...which I won't ....I would probably live there. Nice nice area.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Shannon94, I bet we have more in common then you think. Hey we both ended up in Texas. Yes for different reasons but hey that is in common. Even thou we might bump heads sometimes, it's just because we are both strong opinionated women.

GlenB, Also look at Westlake, Agoura ect for places to rent. If you are near the 101 freeway you will get to work in Thousand Oaks in no time at all. It will open up your options a bit and that is always a good thing.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 PM

I was thinking of that ...but not sure exactly where my office will be...thanks!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:45 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,605,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenB View Post
Thousand Oaks is a tremendous city. The area is gorgeous, and has hardly any crime. You're from Florida, you will think you've lost your mind, when you notice the California weather. We receive probably five humid days the whole year, an unlikely tropical moisture. The rest are dry and sunny. Southern California averages three hundred sunny days per year. The summer is about 95 degrees, as an average temperature in Thousand Oaks. This is warm, but it's dry heat. The winter is about 40 to 70 degrees. Why does it feel so hot in Florida?! Humidity is water in the air, that prevents someone from being able to sweat as well as their body desires, which he all know sweat is used to cool our bodies off. The people are quite friendly. I'm not sure about the Earthquake situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County