U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,193 times

Advertisements

Hi,

my name is Julia and I am a native German. I recently moved to Westlake Village with my American husband. He is working as a project manager and I am a German teacher. My new job starts in September and I will be working in Glendale and Pasadena.
I am looking for Germans or other Europeans in the area. I miss Europe a lot and it would be nice to meet and talk about our experiences:-) But of course I would love to meet other people too:-)
My husband understands a lot of German but his speaking is not so good (yet;-))
We both are 27 and have no kids - just a dwarf hamster;-) We enjoy going out, cooking together, watching movies or hanging out at the beach ... but we are not party animals!
So everybody who is interested in meeting us - just send us a message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 PM

26,347 posts, read 77,276,124 times
That commute to Pasadena will not be too fun, assuming normal commuting hours. Maybe you can carpool.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:09 PM

5,835 posts, read 3,561,100 times
Julia..a first step when moving into a new area is to join the Westlake Village Newcomers Club. Google it. Met many nice people the first time I moved to Westlake. Lived there for over six years up until last year when we moved to Boston. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 PM

162 posts, read 493,163 times
Also try meetup.com, using the area you live in and perhaps any activities you might like to do -- maybe movie nights, beach outing or other outdoor activities, etc.

The newcomers clubs are a good idea also, although if it's anything like the one was in TO when we came here, many of the members seemed to be older (than we were at the time which was early 30s). Well that doesn't say anything about the current Westlake Village newcomers group, so I'd take puffle's advice and sign up!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM

13,672 posts, read 9,523,806 times
I am German! Just not around the corner (Oxnard) but still in reach! You can send me a direct message if you want to! I am from Stuttgart, 33, no kids either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County