Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:26 PM

5 posts, read 18,303 times

Advertisements

Hi Cinbad68. I will be in the Morro bay area to check it out and see if it's for me. I don't read many other single women looking for a quiter place in CA. I will keep ou informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,327 times
Actually the la colonia area in east oxnard is way worse than hueneme

Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,948 times
I lived in Carp for 2 years. It's a very very small town right on the beach, but you are right next to Santa Barbara so it's ok. It's basically like living in Santa Barbara.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,210,857 times
Well it has been 2 years since this discussion started. Has the op ever moved or was this thread an acedemic proposition? I have been to all three areas mentioned. I grew up in Port Hueneme and live in the North Oxnard area. Some on this post just don't have much love for my first home. I for one love Port Hueneme. Have never had a problem in the city or in the neighboring communities.

As far as the beach communities, Port Hueneme Beach is in the city of Port Hueneme. Oxnard Shores or the more modern name of Mandalay Shores, Hollywood Beach, and Silverstrand Beach are not in the city of Oxnards jourisdiction. If you watch the city of Oxnard's meetings on Tuesday evenings on cable it seems that many residents think that Mayor Holden and the rest of the councill can make changes to the beach area. They always inform those that ask that if they could changes would be made, but the questions regarding the Beach areas need to be brought before the County Supervisors as they have no jourisdiction within the city. Their is a movement to create a city with the Beach area and the western part of Oxnard, more particularly those in nicer neighborhoods such as Victoria Estates, Mandalay Bay, and places like that.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,045,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
As far as the beach communities, Port Hueneme Beach is in the city of Port Hueneme. Oxnard Shores or the more modern name of Mandalay Shores, Hollywood Beach, and Silverstrand Beach are not in the city of Oxnards jourisdiction.
The beach areas are all diced up. Oxnard Shores and Oxnard Dunes ARE in the city of Oxnard, as is the entire beach to the Santa Clara River (border with Ventura). Hollywood Beach and Silverstrand are in the County. Parts of the Channel Islands Harbor are in the City of Oxnard, other parts in the County. The dividing line between the County and Oxnard is very strange. Along Harbor Blvd south of Channel Islands Blvd there are areas where on one side of narrow streets is Oxnard, the other is County.

The intersection of Victoria and Channel Islands is particularly interesting as four jurisdictions come together there in a "four-corner's" style -- PH (northeast corner), Oxnard (northwest), County (southwest), and the Federal Government's Navy Base (southeast corner). Guess everyone wants a piece of the good stuff!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,210,857 times
Winston Smith, You are correct again with regards to the Oxnard Shores area. Note to myself to stop watching the City Councill meetings on the Cable access channel. I sometimes dose off after working all day. Don't always catch what is said. I had thought that the Shores was part of the city, but remember Mayor Holden telling someone that the Beach area was out of their influence. If I would have caught it correctly they were probably talking about the Hollywood or Silverstrand area and not the Shores.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:05 PM

34 posts, read 105,663 times
My parents lived in Oxnard Shores for years on Falkirk Bay. Moved two years ago to Victoria Estates. Two place to avoid... Colonia and the Rudder room. I went to Buena High.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County