U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM

25 posts, read 25,639 times

Advertisements

just joined this community forum..I will keep peaking now and then as we make our relocation plan to oxnard/PH area..we just want a mid sized 3/2 with decent back yard in a semi quiet neighborhood. just some minor "cosmetic" fixing ok..can go up to $300. for the right home,,anyone else doing this?? L
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM

700 posts, read 990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the comforts View Post
just joined this community forum..I will keep peaking now and then as we make our relocation plan to oxnard/PH area..we just want a mid sized 3/2 with decent back yard in a semi quiet neighborhood. just some minor "cosmetic" fixing ok..can go up to $300. for the right home,,anyone else doing this?? L
I encourage you to start a new thread with your specific interests and requirements. Location is everything, and there can be quite a few differences between neighborhoods, even within a given city.

Welcome and best of luck on the transition!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,244,368 times
Welcome to all the new people that have joined this forum...I've been away for a while and just wanted to say hello!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 AM

7,376 posts, read 11,745,710 times
Came back here to see how ventura was doing. Born and raised, moved to Connecticut when i was in middle school. My parents moved us to get away from the gangs. It seems nothing has changed.
Little did my parents know that there are gangs everywhere. We moved away from the mexican gangs and found the puerto rican and black gangs. What a great country we live in.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM

14,597 posts, read 23,102,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Welcome to all the new people that have joined this forum...I've been away for a while and just wanted to say hello!
Been wondering where you have been. Good to see your still around here.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Little did my parents know that there are gangs everywhere. We moved away from the mexican gangs and found the puerto rican and black gangs. What a great country we live in.
As it turns out, there are gangs (or something akin to them) everywhere in the world with a population large enough to be considered for inclusion on a map.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM

107 posts, read 230,723 times
So I decided I'm going to make the move this summer. Anyone have any suggestions for rental leads? I've been looking at the usual suspects of craigslist and zillow and its kinda been slim pickings. I did find this site: HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments and Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale its decent, but mostly has the same properties.

Is the rental market that tight? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations.
Anyway, if anyone has any other suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.

I prefer a single family home, budget $2200, must feed into a decent elementary and middle school.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
So I decided I'm going to make the move this summer. Anyone have any suggestions for rental leads? I've been looking at the usual suspects of craigslist and zillow and its kinda been slim pickings. I did find this site: HotPads - Map Search for Real Estate, Apartments and Houses for Rent, Foreclosures and Homes for Sale its decent, but mostly has the same properties.

Is the rental market that tight? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations.
Anyway, if anyone has any other suggestions where to look I would appreciate it.

I prefer a single family home, budget $2200, must feed into a decent elementary and middle school.
Congrats on the decision; I'm sure you didn't take it lightly.

I walk quite a bit; many of the rentals I see in my neighborhood put a sign out and are rented within a few weeks. I don't know if they're listed on CL or not, but there might be a sense of frustration (on all sides) with craigslist and things like it. So folks start with a sign, hoping neighbors or someone within a close circle will see it first.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 PM

40 posts, read 30,565 times
i am looking for a Condo and came across this thread. Did some reseach and Port H. looks like a nice place to retire. I was also looking at Encino, North Hollywood and Van Nuys.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:27 PM

107 posts, read 230,723 times
I'm definitely going to come down for a long weekend before moving to drive around and check out the area myself. Hopefully I'll get lucky and happen to drive past a good place to rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County