U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,658 times
Default Indoor swimming near Montpelier?

Can someone please refer me to an indoor pool with lap swimming hours in or near Montpelier? I don't care if it's a municipal pool, a sports club, a YMCA... I just need to swim, and I can't figure out where.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 PM

2,184 posts, read 4,154,176 times
It's funny in that I never really pondered it but the only ones I am aware of are all about 45 min from Montpelier. Warren(2), Stowe and Burlington.

Most Vermonters don't really think about swimming in the winter, plenty of community outdoor pools and endless numbers of river swimming holes, ponds/lakes for the summer.

If there was any kind of demand I'm sure at least one of the fitness clubs in the Montpeleir area would have one. I was going to suggest that you talk to one of the swimming coaches at one of the 3 local high schools but I'm not even sure if any of them have a swimming program. I commuted for a short time from Montpeleir to Stowe and that would be the closest by time unless Burlington has one right off an exit.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,872,329 times
You could also try the local hotels...does the Comfort Inn by the Berlin Mall have a pool? They might have a membership for locals.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,954,474 times
Great question, Im taking my family up to Burlington this weekend, as I have a job interview there. we were wondering also where we could find an indoor swimming pool since we have a two year old and during the winter we will need things like swimming to have our daughter do on those days when we are not out in the snow, at the library-we have been liviing in a city for years and hate it as there are no indoor recreate center pools that we know of and so in moving (Burlington, Portland OR or Austin TX) one of the issues is recreation in wintertime.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:52 AM

7,781 posts, read 4,693,135 times
They have an indoor pool at First in Fitness in Berlin. I don't know if you can get a day pass, but you can certainly get a membership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont