U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 5,996,181 times

Advertisements

Took this at about 6:30AM, snowed all morning slowed down in the afternoon.
Definately a northern northeast storm. Yesterday's weather is but a distant memory around here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM

17,899 posts, read 54,244,442 times
If y'all get much more global warming up there, you better prepare for glaciers. Stay safe.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 AM

819 posts, read 1,270,840 times
25" in the NEK where our place is........my friend is going to make sure the deck is clear so if we get rain at the end of the week we are good to go from a snow load perspective.

Awesome, I do really love winter and massive snow storms.....mid April I'll be ready for some spring

Old 03-08-2011, 11:00 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,672,548 times
thankfully the Northern part of the state got very fluffy snow. I have 4 ft drifts but there is very little on my roof thanks to breezy conditions.

I don't know what this is going to be like after it rains. I have lived in the northeast and midwest my entire life and this is the first time I'm scared of what nature is going to do to my house and property.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,843,107 times
I finally measured against the house, which was a grass patch the day before.....no shovelling and pretty isolated from the wind, and I had 34". I was thinking it would be more like 40". But, I went to Newport this a.m. and all their banks were to my window bottoms and heading back down the interstate I noticed Orleans was mid-window and once I got to Barton; rooftop. I think it's hilarious! I even lost my phone while digging out my car for the plow, which subsequentially got stuck until the big town truck pulled him out of my drive. Didn't even mind walking to town for Mom's cold medicine!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,672,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
I finally measured against the house, which was a grass patch the day before.....no shovelling and pretty isolated from the wind, and I had 34". I was thinking it would be more like 40". But, I went to Newport this a.m. and all their banks were to my window bottoms and heading back down the interstate I noticed Orleans was mid-window and once I got to Barton; rooftop. I think it's hilarious! I even lost my phone while digging out my car for the plow, which subsequentially got stuck until the big town truck pulled him out of my drive. Didn't even mind walking to town for Mom's cold medicine!
we're very lucky we lost about a foot or more snow with the rain last week
or we'd be up a creek now

Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM

16,964 posts, read 22,285,245 times
If this melts too quickly there could be some nasty flooding...

Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 PM

I think we're having flooding this weekend.........I'll watch my Barton river in the backyard............luckily I'm on the opposite side where it usually floods!!!! Thank goodness!

But, I did sit outside to sunbathe today in shorts; lo and behold 2 damn icicles landed on my head! I came inside cuz I saw the bigger ones that were yet to fall!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 PM

ok, I will admit a partiality......I think (know) I have a crush on MRV photog. Makes me smile.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 PM

5,774 posts, read 12,326,905 times
Yowch! - watch those icicles, swanstone! You can really get a good tan this time of year with all the snow reflecting the sun's rays. I have a friend who used to work at Jay peak running one of the lifts and he always had a great tan in March - 'Course it was pretty much limited to just his face.

I drove through Richford and Enosburg today expecting to see the Missisquoi River out of control from all the rain we had, but it was still on winter mode. A lot of years during a thaw there would be blocks of ice the size of Buicks strewn all over low lying fields, but none so far this year.

After yesterday's snow my driveway is really really skinny. I keep it wide enough for two cars as a rule, but that won't happen anytime soon. So we'll have to do a little shuffling of the fleet when it's time to go somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or