U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:24 PM

5,773 posts, read 12,296,293 times

Advertisements

Well, you may be able to bridge that income gap by hanging out your shingle and doing tax work on the side. I'm somewhat amazed at the number of folks who PAY to have their returns prepared. All else seems like a pretty good fit for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 AM

11,145 posts, read 14,062,088 times
I want to go up to VT this weekend alone and see the paradise that it is. I can't find a friend to bring with me though. Is there anything I can do alone? I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, and sightseeing, as well as other things.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM

6,473 posts, read 11,070,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I want to go up to VT this weekend alone and see the paradise that it is. I can't find a friend to bring with me though. Is there anything I can do alone? I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, and sightseeing, as well as other things.
You can do all those things alone.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:55 PM

My manager just told me that Burlington has lots of people who walk around in public with bare feet. Gross!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM

3,328 posts, read 8,764,751 times
Seriously? I don't think your boss knows what he/she is talking about.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 PM

16,935 posts, read 22,202,288 times
I saw someone in bare feet in Rutland the other day...actually, the parents of the kids down the road from me are always letting their kids run around barefoot (and poorly dressed in winter but that's another topic).

I wouldn't do it on pavement, and actually sandals are as close to bare as I usually get, but I don't see anything wrong with it per se, there's some arguments in favor of it concerning health benefits to the feet.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:52 PM

1,822 posts, read 4,520,799 times
Quote:
My manager just told me that Burlington has lots of people who walk around in public with bare feet. Gross!
I've walked around in public in bare feet. It's kind of gross, if you mean dirty, but has left me with no ill effects. The main problem seems the risk of stepping on glass or something else that punctures the skin. Otherwise, I find skin a remarkably effective barrier against things that should remain outside the body.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:25 PM

166 posts, read 385,667 times
Quote:
Have you been to Burlington before? Just come up. There is a ton of stuff to do on foot. Walk down and check out the sunset on the waterfront. There is decent shopping. Tons of bars and good restaurants. Definetly go to American Flatbread or the Vermont Pub and Brewery for food. Tons of hiking and outdoor stuff just a short drive outside Burlington. Go to Mt Philo just south of Burlington on route 7. You can hike to the top for free or drive for a small charge. Amazing view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks.

I have seen people walking around bare foot in Burlington. There are a ton of hippies up here, especially in city park.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:28 PM

130 posts, read 237,453 times
Quote:
One or two now and again, but not lots. I think your boss knows you fall easily for such silly rumours.

And if you are grossed out by a few hipsters walking around in bare feet, VT may not be for you!

Old 05-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippylou View Post
One or two now and again, but not lots. I think your boss knows you fall easily for such silly rumours.

And if you are grossed out by a few hipsters walking around in bare feet, VT may not be for you!
Oh, I don't mind it at all lol. If it's only a small minority of the population, that's cool with me! I didnt mind Northampton, MA, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont