U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 09:05 PM

219 posts, read 410,930 times

Advertisements

At Accuweather.com:

Daily U.S. Extremes

past 24 hours

Precip 1.76" Springfield, VT <- LOL

But, I don't even have 1 1/2" on my rain gauge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 06:34 AM

69,430 posts, read 51,638,303 times
Not looking good for this week... Look at the Florida radar. All that tropical moisture will head north and intensify as it does.

Vermont and Connecticut dont need any more rain. We are already over 300% the norm. In fact, NYC is 6th wettest on record(1879) and needs 6 more inches in next 2 months to be 2nd wettest!

Moisture starts wednesday morning in CT, Lunch in VT. gets heavy during the day and then moisture lingers until Friday!

If the crazy wet pattern doesnt end, we better buy Skiis and snowmoibiles.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,202,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Not looking good for this week... Look at the Florida radar. All that tropical moisture will head north and intensify as it does.

Vermont and Connecticut dont need any more rain. We are already over 300% the norm. In fact, NYC is 6th wettest on record(1879) and needs 6 more inches in next 2 months to be 2nd wettest!

Moisture starts wednesday morning in CT, Lunch in VT. gets heavy during the day and then moisture lingers until Friday!

If the crazy wet pattern doesnt end, we better buy Skiis and snowmoibiles.
Sad but true, another soggy, damp, gloomy, dreary week.

WeatherSpark | Beautiful Weather Graphs and Maps

Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM

If the models keep showing snow for the 27th I'm going to have to start talking about it more.. For instance the last GFS run Burlington gets a nice accumulating storm... Anywhere within the 528 dashed line would be snow..
High summits would have temps in the upper teens most likely at this hour...

All subject to change...So far its been consistant only 4 times...I like to see 6 in a row or 6 out of last 8.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:01 PM

5,774 posts, read 12,334,827 times
Which would make things about the same as last year's snow on Halloween. Still a little early for it to stick around more than a day or two except at the higher els. I guess it's about time to bring in the rest of my (covered) cord wood.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM

Im more interested in next week then the storm this week. ..

Models keep showing a deep trough with the coldest air of the season and moisture which would be snows... Lets see if it all verifys.

The cold air is going to feel good. I need to start bringing the firewood closer.

Here are the "high" temps from the latest model for October 30th. I would add 7-10 degrees to be conservative.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 PM

20,871 posts, read 36,029,183 times
Quote:
Im more interested in next week then the storm this week. ..

Models keep showing a deep trough with the coldest air of the season and moisture which would be snows... Lets see if it all verifys.

The cold air is going to feel good. I need to start bringing the firewood closer.

Here are the "high" temps from the latest model for October 30th. I would add 7-10 degrees to be conservative.
However, I think October overall will be well above average for temperatures. You have to remember that the low temperatures have been WAY ABOVE average for most of this month already.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
However, I think October overall will be well above average for temperatures. You have to remember that the low temperatures have been WAY ABOVE average for most of this month already.
Yup...I havent even had a frost yet. It cant dip below 50 still.
Its going to be a 2nd half winter I think.

Models now backing off the cold air they showed for next week.

Amazing. Sucks.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:05 PM

20,871 posts, read 36,029,183 times
Quote:
Yup...I havent even had a frost yet. It cant dip below 50 still.
Its going to be a 2nd half winter I think.

Models now backing off the cold air they showed for next week.

Amazing. Sucks.
This is certainly atypical of a La Nina pattern, even for mid Fall. For one, you don't have very many strong gulf of Alaska lows of any magnitude impacting the west coast of Canada. They seem strong initially but then weaken. Also, I have noticed that the strong warm ridge in the southwest part of the US- extending northward into the Plains seems to shunt all the colder air quickly away in a fleeting fashion. I'm not liking what I am seeing so far. However, the NAO and AO can only be predicted up to two weeks out during winter so if a blocking pattern sets up the cold air will be upstream as La Nina winters tend to feature colder than average temperatures in Canada and Alaska compared to average.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

5,774 posts, read 12,334,827 times
Could one of you good people comment on how the jet stream affects our weather? Or did I miss that installment? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or