U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,902 posts, read 5,233,865 times
Blast from the past! I lived in EPP from 1978-81.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 AM

7 posts, read 5,728 times
HI, I was searching for James and Paula, because I used to be friends with their son Bj.. I am one of those kids that was running around Earth Peoples park way back in the day My mother Patrica had a TP at the edge of the park and Brother John used to tell me stories. I would like to connect with you and see if you can help me find them.
Shawney

Old 05-18-2015, 12:14 AM

To PaulJeep,
Would you be able to help me find James and Paula?
Shawney

Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 AM

Default Hi to pauljeep

I am one of the kids who were growing up at EPP and am trying to see if you get this message. I am looking for James and Paula. I was friends with DJ and would love to reconnect..
Thank you for your help,
Shawney

Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM

82 posts, read 177,416 times
hello shawn,,,,, i think i remember your moms,,, or at least hearing a couple of stories including ' brother john ' i last spoke to b.j. on the phone a couple months agoe,,,, - he's doing fine -- and as soon as i find his number, i'll call him again.... i've tried to get in touch with james a few times in the past year, but failed. what years were you there ? there is a epp site on facebook,,, a few months agoe i was seeing misty and/or sundove posting, did you know them also ? keep in touch, & i'll try to do the same..

Old 05-20-2015, 08:36 AM

9,984 posts, read 6,760,549 times
pauljeep, you've written quite a body of memory here.
you know, you might want to think about refining it or getting some help
to put it all down in a book.
i think you'd be surprised how many people would be interested in reading
this. you might even find a publisher.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:24 PM

Thank you so much, I am so happy that you received my message.. I really want to talk with BJ and please ask him if he wants to be in touch with me.. I was there as a young child and lived there for around three years, we left and came back a year.. Then in the fifth grade we went back for a half of a year and lived in island pond. BJ may not realize that I was actually attached to staying friends, but lost touch due to not knowing their last name and my mother and I were always moving. Thank you again for your efforts and stories.. Do you know my mother Patricia? She used to date Bernie, they have a son my brother Jesse. I do remember Misty and SunDove.. some where in my memory.. We used to sit around camp fires and sing, " We all live in a Yellow Submarine" I grew up with some for around four years when we moved to Takilma, Oregon. Otis moved there and every Halloween a few kids in school would dress up like him, it was mean.. I remember his songs and feel sad about his fate and difficult life. I remember Indian Jim in Takilma. I was close with Black Bill, he was like family to me.. He married a really nice woman and they have a kid or two.. I recently touch base with girl friends from Takilma at a wedding.. Anyways, I can't wait to hear back.. I have thought of BJ off and on for years and miss him.. I would like to know him and how he is doing now.
Shawney

Old 05-22-2015, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Thanks for all of the posts of days gone by of Earth Peoples Park. I am Shawney's mom Pat. I lived there off and on in the seventies. Winter is when I preferred to be there as it was more sane then. Lived in the small
a-frame near James and Paula's. Also in a tent near the beaver pond.........the big dome after it landed on the ground and Brother John's pyramid. You didn't mention Cricket and Schempf.......they were my wild edible plant medicine knowledge friends. Wonderful memories. The last time I visited....it was pretty empty. Not many people left....gave trailer bill my acoustic fender guitar, stayed over night at Christian Dan's......headed west.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Would love to know how to contact Brother John.....anyone out there with an address or phone for him?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:08 PM

82 posts, read 177,416 times
--- i had five years at 'E.P.P,,,, and the past forty years of ; remembering ,, thinking , dreaming , and sometimes talking about it. i still miss everything about the 'park' .. at least, 'almost ' everything about it! but time moves on, even if you don't have a clock..... when i was up 'there ' ,,, we barely knew what day it was. and it didn't matter. 'cause every day was the same anyway. i met lots of people,, hanging out with total strangers, and making friends,, catching up with each other weeks, months or years apart.. i don't measure life by the total of years,, but by different groups of time. things that happened; before kennedy was killed,, or after the beatles came out. or different places i've lived, and what i went thru while being there... i left the park after the bicentennial, disco was new,,,, and 'star wars' came out. -- ' may the force be with us ! ... there were times that i would start to tell someone about the 'park', and i could tell by their face expressions that they were having trouble believing me.. so it goes !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or