U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 109 times

Advertisements

Hi Paul, I just found this thread and spent a lovely evening remembering so many little things I thought were long forgotten. I wanted to update the story of Robin's 53 Ford. I remember when he was given it, he was very proud of it and tried to take good care of it. You spoke of the infamous road trip to Boston, I loved your version of events but that's not how it ended up. I was along for that ride, riding in the back behind Robin as he was driving. Every went fine until we started noticing exhaust fumes seeping in from the trunk. Since it was winter, the trunk rubber seals were dry and probably not air tight. We were somewhere in central NH on I-93 out in nowhere when the fumes started getting really bad, I had my window down but it was still really bad, I remember telling Robin in his ear that we needed to pull over and get some fresh air, but within moments he apparently passed out and and swerved onto the shoulder. He strayed far over that he ran up onto the buried end of one of those cable barriers, skidded along for a few feet before landing back on all 4 wheels on the shoulder. Amazingly the car suffered little damage other than to the gas tank, the car was otherwise still drive-able. After waiting about an hour a tow showed up, it truly turned out to be our rescue angel in disguise. The old guy who showed up took us back to his salvage yard, let us all camp out in a single-wide he had there, and in the morning, was able to find us another gas tank off an old rig in the yard. I think think Robin payed $20 or so for the tank, and probably about the same for the tow. We were back on the road that same day and made it successfully to Boston. P.S. There was no leaks found anywhere in the exhaust system, it was super quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or