U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:09 AM

129 posts, read 189,223 times

Advertisements

Let's see... selling guns, threatening people with guns, expired tabs, calling in false accidents to mislead the police. Classy.

I'm glad your park got shut down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 6,136 times
Not only lost but no clue what was going on 40 years ago,it was'nt all love,peace,and good vibes,there was a lot of hate on both sides,

Last edited by vter; 10-27-2013 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 AM

82 posts, read 177,517 times
,,, am i lost????? ... i wish you no harm,, and i hope you find your way soon,, are we there yet ? ,,, me and some others are just talking out loud,, sharing some memories,, were you also glad when new orleans or japan got flooded ? i 'm guessing your car reggie or inspection sticker NEVER went a day past expiring,,, perhaps you think it's fair for local police to hide and wait for hours for you to return to your car so they can pull you over because you didn't make a complete stop @ a stop sign the week before,,,,

Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM

129 posts, read 189,223 times
I wish you guys no harm either. Sorry for coming off like a jerk. I just get really riled up at the thought of someone pointing a gun at someone else. It's such a stupid thing.

I recognize the cops aren't always good guys, and the expired tabs thing, that's really not a big deal. But pointing a gun at someone is just bad, no matter how you look at it. Unless it's self defense in a life threatening situation.

Fondly looking back on the time you threatened someone with a gun... just doesn't compute in my world.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:35 PM

sometimes,,, during the summers,, some of the guys thought they were back @ the ' O.K.corral,, walking around like they were ; billy the kid,, jesse james,, and the frito bandito,,,, dressed to kill,, wearing pistols on their belts,, bowie knives strapped around the ankles,, carrying a rifle / shotgun loaded for bear ,, with a cowboy hat, and patch leather pants,, for the most part,, it was just part of their act,,, if and when someone did fire off a bullet,,, it would be up in the air,, or towards a broken car,, or a the tree top,,, or some other kind of target,.. a lot of times, half the people around would get annoyed and say something,,, so after a few words of yelling,,, everyone would just goe on their own way,,, and then the gun shots would be further away,, the winters could be long and quiet... ,, i had a couple of guns,, but hardly used them,, one morning during the winter,, i got up early to take a leak,,, so i'm standing in deep snow,,, about twenty feet from my porch,, watching a couple of chipmonks next to a tree, i goe back inside and get some bread to feed the little buggers, and everything is nice,, i notice a piece of ice hanging off a tree branch maybe 50 feet away,,, for some reason,, i goe and get one of my rifles,,, 30-odd six,, put a bullet in and hit the icicle,,, the tree was downhill from me,, with another hill behind it, i knew no one lived in that direction,, and i could see that no one else was around anyway,,, i fired off just that one shot, watched the cloud of smoke slowly drift away,,, and then went back inside to get warm,,,, so i throw another log in the fire,,, got the pipe bowl filled and ready to goe,,,, and i'm starting to cook a couple eggs,,, next thing i know,,, i hear foot steps on my front porch,, kicking the snow off,, and james comes storming in my door,,, ranting and raving,,,, ' what the hell is wrong with me,,, how dare i,,,, it's bad enuf with the other idiots, but now he's got ' me ' shooting off guns ,,, blah blah blah, etc,. etc.,,,, james was close enuf to be my neighbor,, but his round cabin was the opposite direction from where i aimed... he was just mad because of the noise,,, after a few minutes ,, he finished what he had to say,, i had kept quiet the whole time,,,,, i explained to him what i had done,,, and then told him how sorry i was to disturb him,,,, and then he said how sorry he was for yelling at me,, we shared the eggs with buttered toast,,, and then finished off pipe bowl

Last edited by pauljeep; 11-01-2013 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-27-2013, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,308 times
I have read all your posts and want you to know I went to school with Linda and Tommy Hennig. There was a picture of them recently posted of them and their horse. I looked on ancestry and found that Tommy died in 1990 in Florida. I believe their daughter lived in the Keys. Linda died in Jan, 1996-they found her frozen to death in a snowbank in Bennington, Vt. Not sure where that is in relation to EPP. Anyway, it was interesting to read about life in the park, and thought you would like to know what happened to them. I will try to find their son and daughter. R.Messina

Old 11-28-2013, 11:56 PM

Default -- hennigs ,,

dear R. ,,, how nice to hear from you,,,, i'm guessing you're from valley stream,,,, thanks for letting me know about tom & linda,,, sadly,, i already knew about their passing ,,, lynn let me know last year when i found her,, the little boy, keith,, was quite a kid,,, wouldn't take no crap from anyone,, his younger sister,,, back then we called her '' pooh ' ,,, i just remember as a baby, tom's mother and grandmother use to stay up at the park for weeks at a time,, summer & winter,, i can still picture the grandmother choppin' firewood outside their house,, ,,,, a couple times, i hitched a ride down to long island with his mom,,, we'd arrive on the southern parkway after midnite,, but she would insist on going past her house to take me to bellmore,, instead of letting me hitchhike the rest of the way,,,, tom was a good guy,, wild & crazy,, but also a good friend,,, i miss him! , ,he would love to make deals, ,,trade one car for another,, things like that ,, ,,, i'm guessing you're in denver now,,, i'm not feeling so good, and could use some medical ... bring a couple of kilo's and i'll meet you half way ,,, how's ohio ? and we can do a trade ,,, take care ,, and keep in touch,,

Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM

.. it was towards the end of a winter, trailer bill went to ohio to visit his family for a couple of weeks. he left me the key to his house while he was gone, for whatever reason mite come up. i was feeding his dogs, but they were staying with me at my own cabin. so, maybe a month later, i'm walking around one afternoon, near the fork by stump meadow, and i see some guy standing there, looking like he doesn't know which way to goe. i know rite away i don't recognize him, and next to him is a cute little mini collie- her name was panda -,, so we say 'hello' and stuff, and he tells me he just drove up from brooklyn, cause some friends had told about the park and he wanted to see for himself what it was all about . ' cactus bob ' seemed o.k,,, and since he came brklyn,, that made us lansmen. bruce and ann came from flushing, queens, dana and dave from jersey,, but every one else seemed to be from boston, ohio, and points out west. we walked and talked around for a while, and after i felt that he was safe and wouldn't steal anything, i let him stay in bill's trailer for a few days. we went the next day in his 'dodge dart' to newport, and i had him file for food stamps, c/o the park p.o.box 35. it was cool having some one new to talk to.. waiting for a norton winter to end could seem to take years. wally & marie's bus was towards the hay field, james & paula were always busy, same with tom & linda, taking care of the kids, joni's cabin was back towards the dome, and she liked being by herself, which left me with 'brother john, kenny, & stuttering jay. nybilly would not show up until the next summer. bruce had hitched out west in january, following ann to california. it took bruce two days to get a ride out of the esso station in norton.. i found out cactus and me had almost grown up together, born in the same hospital,, linden blvd. i had lived at '53 st. he was from 46,, where he still lived. now, he's rich in manhatten, but that's a different story. over the next couple years , cactus bob would come back up to visit for a week or so, bringing a bunch of people with him every time, along with panda. and taking with him for the ride south a big paper bag filled with green mountain greene.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:27 PM

in two weeks , woodstock was 45 years agoe,, i was 15, and ever since, i've learned to understand how peter pan must've felt in never-never land, my few years at epp have never left me. i still miss it very much. but i also know you have to ' keep on truckin',,, let jethro tull live in the past,,, i'm looking forward to every new day coming,,,, the longer i live, the more i want to ! but what gets me going now is the legal crap for smoking grass. 90 years agoe, alcohol was illegal for a dozen years. and from that time we have enuf gangster stories for hundreds of ; books, movies, & t.v. programs, the years of prohibition lasted until one man running for president said he'd change the law... and after f.d.r. was elected, beer was available.. instead of a dollar a bottle,, it became 5 cents a glass.... pot 's been illegal almost 80 years,, but it's only been from the late middle '60's that it become more popular to use,,,, so for the past 45 years, countless amounts of people have been arrested for what should be a normal thing. i was born a citizen of this country, grew up in the public school system , watched my friends grow up, drinking beer ,, wine,, huffing glue,,, taking pills,, shooting dope,, using coke, etc, etc, ,,, people are gonna do whatever they wanna do,, whether someone else likes it or not. that don't make it right or wrong, just the way it is. the past few years have shown a couple of states relaxing the pot laws, but the process is too damn long. if pot had never been illegal, today it would just be one more item among thousands for sale in stores, with no one even thinking twice about it.. imagine if coffee became outlawed overnite,,,, there would be panic and revolution in the streets. in an old robin williams movie,, ' moscow on the hudson' after growing up in russia, waiting hours in line for a roll of toilet paper,,, the guy winds up in manhatten. walking thru a supermarket, he see's a whole aisle filled with coffee. over a dozen different brands, in assorted size cans & packages, with various flavors. and that's the way it should be in a smokeshop today. just like the stores that sell alcohol... different size bottles of vodka, rum, scotch, gin, bourbon, wine, etc,,, if you're over 21, you can get whatever you pay for. as much as you want. i feel that reefer should be the same way. i don't see how you can protect people from weed by arresting them, & making them pay expensive tickets, and lawyer court costs. '' don't pee on my head and say it's raining " it's all been said before, if the gov't. really wanted to protect us from danger and ourselves , then make alcohol illegal again also, along with guns. meanwhile, during big sport games on t.v.,,, people can't wait until they see the million dollar beer commercial... after pres. obama was first elected,,, there was an incident in boston,, a neighbor saw a homeowner climbing thru a window of a house to get in,,, the guy locked out was black,, and the neighbor calling the police didn't know who he was. the next thing you know,, it became a racial incident. two days later ,,the new president of the united states got involved,, telling everyone that the people involved should just sit down,, have a beer ,,,and settle the issue. i agreed, but felt they would of been better off with a peace pipe filled with black hash. the most damaging thing about weed is getting arrested by the police. and the politicians just keep proving how full of crap they are, by refusing to upgrade the law.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:55 AM

,,, like curly howard used to say,,, ' i'm a victim of circumstances' ,,, growing up when i did,,,, i was surrounded by my environment with liquor encouragement, from watching movies & t,v,,, the thin man series ,, henry fonda,, jimmy stewart,,, archie bunker,, and almost everyone else,,,, drinking alcohol, especially 'over'drinking alcohol, was the way to goe & live. and smoking was a way for people to relax, whether at the end of the day, or just driving somewhere,,, even the old ' mayberry 'programs show 'sheriff andy' lighting up a camel. and the beverly hillbillies, 'winston taste good, like a cigarette 'had oughta' , ,, america, land of the free,,, which should include freedom of choice.. but instead,,, THEY MADE ME A CRIMINAL ! ,,,,,,, i never cared for the taste of liquor, and i don't wanna get sick from drinking too much, too quick, or whatever,, so instead , i smoke pot. ,, tobacco is another flavor i don't care for,, so my cigarettes are made of weed. and that makes me a federal criminal, which was not my intention for life. it is my opinion that the resistance and /or endurance to pot dosen't take long to build up,,, which means my rolled up big bambu's filled with primo hydro soon become equal to pall mall's.... but that's o.k. ... if i run outta weed,, i don't get the urge to give some black guy a blow-job just to get another nickel bag. i never sold my mothers television to get a dime a weed. i never had to rob somebody to get an ounce. although,,,the ways prices are going,, i mite start. ,,, bud & lou had a skit; 13 times 7 equals 28,,, and then costello would 'prove' it... let's try to follow some of my math,,,, a carton of cigarettes costs 'one hundred dollars'' and you get 10 packs of perfect ready made cigarettes, each pack has 20 cigarettes,,,, 100 a carton;; $10 a pack ;; that's 50 cents a smoke,,, back in my ' yout' cigarettes were a quarter a pack,,, but that's a different story.... so that becomes 200 cigarettes for a hundred dollars,,, and most of that money is in tax ,,,, the big tobacco companies actually sell their product for a lot less , and yet they still make a large profit. the product is made with sanitary conditions,, prepared and packaged and sold, with everyone involved getting a piece of the pie,,,, not to mention what they spend on advertising,, which still gets covered in the money math... so because i don't care for malboro ,, winston or newport,, my ounce,,,, just to make up a number, without incriminating anyone,, an oz. is $300.,,, thanks to modern times,,, i haven't seen a seed in years,, so not counting one or two twigs,,, i can make that oz. into joints,, using big bambu,, 100 mm long,,, depending how fat ,,,i can average two joints per gram, give or take a couple,,,, so my 28 grams of thai become 55 / 60 joints,,, gozinta 300 per oz.. which would make a pack of joints $100. thats $ 5. a joint,,, this does not include re-rolling the roaches, which, thanks to big bambu, are bigger than average.,,, so, legally, with proper working conditions ,,, cigarettes can average 50 cents each,, and every one made their money for handling / shipping and whatever.. meanwhile,,, the weed is sneaked around, smuggled, and otherwise not given to any proper treatment at all,,, only because of the illegal circumstances involved,, and also contributes towards a false economy ,with all the money being ' off the books' ,,, i would love to pay $100. for a carton of factory made joints.

Last edited by pauljeep; 08-06-2014 at 02:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or