U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:52 AM

130 posts, read 240,349 times

Advertisements

We have tons of sporting/compitition guns floating around our home. The current climate in of armed robbery and B&E in VT lead to the purchase of two dedicated firearms for home safety.

To bad it's come to this.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:20 AM

48 posts, read 91,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targo View Post
We have tons of sporting/compitition guns floating around our home. The current climate in of armed robbery and B&E in VT lead to the purchase of two dedicated firearms for home safety.

To bad it's come to this.
Not to lessen or minimize whatever it is you or your community has been through to cause you to write this post, but count your blessings, because you could be living amongst these savages:

Baltimore police investigating flash mob at downtown 7-Eleven - Baltimore Sun

A beating at Church and Brambleton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

This is the garbage I seek refuge from...

Old 05-27-2012, 07:39 AM

1,822 posts, read 4,520,434 times
It's all relative. My mom, who still lives in South Florida where I'm from, says the constant crime down there doesn't even make the news -- and might not even generate police investigations.

When we visit my family in Florida, we have watched a car hit another and drive off on occasions too numerous to mention. If we can see a license plate we call it in, but it doesn't sound like anyone much cares.

Whereas in Vermont, crimes such as theft and B&E still make the news and generate response from law enforcement and community groups.

A few weeks ago, I called the police after our car was egged in our driveway in Rutland. The police asked me to check with neighbors to see if it was a single occurrence or several homes. My mom couldn't believe her ears, that the police would even discuss mere eggings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamn View Post
Not to lessen or minimize whatever it is you or your community has been through to cause you to write this post, but count your blessings, because you could be living amongst these savages:

A beating at Church and Brambleton | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 AM

I hear you. Look at this response from the police:

"Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

"The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster."

And the next George Zimmerman is the person who shoots one of them.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,298,631 times
Great. More even more guns to hit the streets when you get broken into.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 AM

10,090 posts, read 12,151,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamn View Post

I suspect that it will show the manager pocketed the "stolen" money in this case.....He used the melee as an on camera excuse for the missing money....inside job.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 AM

10,090 posts, read 12,151,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
That is a major problem with the 2nd amendment!

I have friends with refrigerator sized gun safes that are packed with guns/ammo.....but that makes them harder to access if you really needed them! Loose guns are great for home protection but a monster liability if you have kids at home.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I suspect that it will show the manager pocketed the "stolen" money in this case.....He used the melee as an on camera excuse for the missing money....inside job.
You caught that too, huh?

I was trying to imagine what $6,000 in cash would look like in somebody's shirt pocket?

The equivalent of a baseball?

If you want to visit purgatory, though, go spend some time in Baltimore, Norfolk, Washington, D.C. or a lot of other cities.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 AM

17,739 posts, read 53,869,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cittic10 View Post
Remembering a few years back to south Vermont and the guy with a gun in his hand who opened his door to some kids "stranded" and had them leave, only to go down the road and torture and kill an unarmed couple, that statement makes about as much sense as not having a national defense department, or military because the bad guys might come and steal a tank. The Swiss have one of the most peaceful nations in the world. They are ALL armed to the hilt and most have military training.

To the OP, I highly suggest some motion activated webcams that take the images and immediately upload them to the net as well as store locally. Police and prosecuting attorneys love photographs. Also, save a couple of bucks for flowers for "critic's" funeral.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:27 PM

16,786 posts, read 28,995,932 times
I see nothing wrong with having a dedicated instrument for defending yourself within your home. Not all of us are situated close to neighbors or have reliable cell phone service because of the surrounding hills.

harry chickpea's story of the couple who were murdered by the young men who claimed to be stranded is a tragically real cautionary tale for all of us who are a little off the beaten path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or