U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 04:30 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,012 times

Advertisements

This thread totally cracks me up cuz I dressed to the nines for decades in Texas and wouldn't leave the house if my clothes, underwear and nail polish didn't match!!! Now I shovel snow in bots and shorts. Not to mention feeding the sheep or hiking! Yes, shorts can work with hiking boots! But, Vermonters tend to do "what works" and we don't pay much attention to what Vogue recommends. However, I find nothing sexier than a man in a suit! Maybe cuz I don't see it anymore. As for me?? Under my practical VT clothes I've got Victorias Secret and for my own fun, I toss on those 5" spikes at night all for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 PM

1,442 posts, read 5,897,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustmove View Post
It is not about being asked to wear them by a man, it is choosing to wear them to attract a better man. After you have the man's attention you can lose the high heels. As women often do. I don't see many women in my affluent suburb wearing highheels, but I bet they did before they landed the Mcmansion gig.

You have a point. I did that once. BTW, I don't think I ever wore those shoes again.

It would be nice if women could get a tax deduction for buying high heels.

It would be even nicer if the shoes came with a matching balancing pole.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM

1,822 posts, read 4,521,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arel View Post
You have a point. I did that once. BTW, I don't think I ever wore those shoes again.

Many moons ago when I wore high heels, I attracted the kind of men who like women in high heels, and not just in the initial stages of dating.

When I met my husband, I expressed closer to my current style: Clean, unusual/funky (what I sometimes describe as, "from another century and/or another planet"), and with no heels or makeup. He was attracted to me looking the way I feel most comfortable. That felt honest to me.

Especially since both of us have the same reaction to the thought of kissing while either kisser wears lipstick: Ewwwwwww! :-p

Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 AM

274 posts, read 594,114 times
My husband fell in love with the fact that I was a mountain biker at the time when not many other women were, moreso than my fashion. I am sure he'd like me to wear some heels now and then though. But I think he's pretty happy with my choice of activities over my choice of attire. More sustainable...

Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM

118 posts, read 233,984 times
Arel writes: "It would be nice if women could get a tax deduction for buying high heels."

You don't often see such brutally honest statements about woman's motives in mate selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont