U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,732 posts, read 53,837,146 times
Reputation: 29964

Advertisements

Vermont has always had a sprinkling of these problem people. Florida has similar problems on a larger scale with the folks moving down from New York. I've even seen the disease creep into rural Alabama, where it could get a person shot. Thank you for confronting the female. It takes a village to keep the village idiots in check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2013, 03:51 AM
 
Location: Live - VT, Work - MA
819 posts, read 1,266,253 times
Reputation: 606
First, rudeness isn't exclusive to any state, or delivered by people exclusively from certain places......that being said, way too many people think the world does in fact revolve around them and everyone else comprise the "extras" in their little drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 AM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,723 posts, read 36,388,263 times
Reputation: 38042
It would be real tempting to say something about them inside using their EBT card but since we don't know, I won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
 
Location: on a dirt road in Waitsfield,Vermont
2,186 posts, read 5,978,399 times
Reputation: 1125
I have spent almost my entire 62 years in a tourist economy. Vermont gets about 50% of it's SNP. Yup, there are rude people everywhere, some are tourists(remember in tourist towns like Ludlow) tourists can greatly outnumber locals), some are locals.

I think I agree with just about every post.

People doing stupid things just doesn't bother me much anymore. Although the way people drive and park in parking lots the last few years does bug me abit.

If you confront them chances are the experience will be a negative one so in my view, why bother. I have seen people park in the fire lane but the driver usually remains with the vehicle so they can move if the need arises. I assume their thought process works like this........that sign is for everyone but me with a healthy dose of rationalization why it's okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,732 posts, read 53,837,146 times
Reputation: 29964
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I have spent almost my entire 62 years in a tourist economy. Vermont gets about 50% of it's SNP. Yup, there are rude people everywhere, some are tourists(remember in tourist towns like Ludlow) tourists can greatly outnumber locals), some are locals.

I think I agree with just about every post.

People doing stupid things just doesn't bother me much anymore. Although the way people drive and park in parking lots the last few years does bug me abit.

If you confront them chances are the experience will be a negative one so in my view, why bother. I have seen people park in the fire lane but the driver usually remains with the vehicle so they can move if the need arises. I assume their thought process works like this........that sign is for everyone but me with a healthy dose of rationalization why it's okay.
Then there are some places where ya gotta wonder what they were thinking -
Team Suffolk Half Hollow Hills Swim Club | Pool Rules
"Natatorium Parking Lot Drop-off and Pick-up Information
There is NO PARKING, NO DROPPING OFF, and NO PICKING UP at the curbside fire lane in front of the pool. "

So, the pool is going to catch on fire???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 PM
 
Location: on a dirt road in Waitsfield,Vermont
2,186 posts, read 5,978,399 times
Reputation: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Then there are some places where ya gotta wonder what they were thinking -
Team Suffolk Half Hollow Hills Swim Club | Pool Rules
"Natatorium Parking Lot Drop-off and Pick-up Information
There is NO PARKING, NO DROPPING OFF, and NO PICKING UP at the curbside fire lane in front of the pool. "

So, the pool is going to catch on fire???
Probably not but perhaps it could come in handy as a source of water if the need arises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Burlington burbs
130 posts, read 237,344 times
Reputation: 85
I've seen plenty of VT cars parked in the fire lane outside all supermarkets, especially Essex Hannafords; parked outside the post office right at the door in front of no parking signs; non disabled parked in disabled spaces because 'they're only going to Starsucks". I could go on. Very rarely tourists.

I confronted a woman outside Starsucks who said she "could totally understand the problems of disabled people because her parents are disabled". I guess that's why she had to park there too.

Being a furrener myself I am astonished at the selfishness when it comes to parking, and you'd probably get your car keyed back home if you took such liberties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,784 posts, read 28,983,365 times
Reputation: 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Then there are some places where ya gotta wonder what they were thinking -
Team Suffolk Half Hollow Hills Swim Club | Pool Rules
"Natatorium Parking Lot Drop-off and Pick-up Information
There is NO PARKING, NO DROPPING OFF, and NO PICKING UP at the curbside fire lane in front of the pool. "

So, the pool is going to catch on fire???
Selective snipping did make for a funny joke, but when you add the rest, suddenly it makes sense:

Quote:
With cars double and triple parked in the fire lane in front of the pool, the children must dodge in between moving vehicles in the dark to get to their car which is very dangerous.
The HHH folks have some money and a sense of self-entitlement. Heaven forbid Mom or Dad have to park in the lot and *GASP* walk into the Natatorium to pick up little Jasmine or Jared. These are the same luxury SUV driving types who race through parking lots, oblivious to the possibility someone might be stepping out from their car or a child might dart out. No, they are way to busy racing to the standing mani-pedi; swilling a Crockalottacrappalottachinno from Starbucks from one hand as they talk on the cell phone.

Bet ya that the Massachusetts fire zone parker is cut from this very same cloth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,784 posts, read 28,983,365 times
Reputation: 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippylou View Post
I've seen plenty of VT cars parked in the fire lane outside all supermarkets, especially Essex Hannafords; parked outside the post office right at the door in front of no parking signs; non disabled parked in disabled spaces because 'they're only going to Starsucks". I could go on. Very rarely tourists.

I confronted a woman outside Starsucks who said she "could totally understand the problems of disabled people because her parents are disabled". I guess that's why she had to park there too.

Being a furrener myself I am astonished at the selfishness when it comes to parking, and you'd probably get your car keyed back home if you took such liberties.
I shamed a lady at an airport when she was looking into cutting the ladies room line by using the handicapped stall. Flat out I told here that there have been times we have had to wait with my mom in her wheelchair because an able-bodied woman needed space for her bags. Stopped her in her tracks; her guilt sent her back to her spot on line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM
 
1,729 posts, read 1,487,304 times
Reputation: 886
People should mind there own business. If this woman wants to chance getting a parking ticket then thats her perogative. If she was in the vehicle and it was running she wasnt parked she was standing although I dont know if that makes a difference. I wouldnt have moved, i would have smiled and politlely thanked you for your help.

I dont let others upset me especially others I dont know. In my estimation tourists are customers and should be patronized as such
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top