U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 05:24 AM

1,941 posts, read 3,227,464 times

Advertisements

Wow is right!!! That is gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 01:35 PM

5,439 posts, read 14,743,656 times
Mt Abe looking South to Killington

Old 04-20-2016, 01:36 PM

5,439 posts, read 14,743,656 times
1 more... top of Lincoln Peak Sugarbush looking down at the remaining trails. Still lift serving to the top.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:39 PM

10,619 posts, read 4,921,743 times
April 12, 2016-between Wilmington & Dover VT, mossy path near The Cold Brook, off Rte. 100N.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:00 AM

Photos taken on afternoon of April 29, 2016-
from Rte. 142, south of Brattleboro, close to Guilford/Vernon.

Looking north, NH is on right side (Mt. Wantastiquet is the gray peak nearer to middle), Brattleboro VT on left:

Looking east, NH is in background-I love how the clouds reflect on the water:

Looking southwest-keeping lumber damp, as the dry weather means fire hazards are everywhere:

Looking west-a scenic turnaround spot:

Old 05-02-2016, 09:32 AM

68,916 posts, read 51,075,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Looking west-a scenic turnaround spot:
Nice. I love the look of that spot. Looks like Litchfield County in CT (about 1hr north of me). Gravel road, leaves on ground, trees, no cars, just a nostalgic setting for me. I can hear the silence and the birds in that photo.

I wouldn't think Logs would catch on fire. Is that what the sprinklers were really for? Or maybe because they don't want the wood to dry out and crack for the mills who process it?

Old 05-03-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Nice. I love the look of that spot. Looks like Litchfield County in CT (about 1hr north of me). Gravel road, leaves on ground, trees, no cars, just a nostalgic setting for me. I can hear the silence and the birds in that photo.
Thanks
Friday seems so long ago, now that it's overcast & rainy (forecast to remain the same for next several days).
Haven't been to Conn., I'm somewhat familiar with Western Mass.-is it a bit like that ?

Quote:
I wouldn't think Logs would catch on fire. Is that what the sprinklers were really for? Or maybe because they don't want the wood to dry out and crack for the mills who process it?
Don't know, just guessing. It was a new sight to see for me, and I wanted to include brief description of what was in the photo.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:53 AM

68,916 posts, read 51,075,089 times
Quote:
Haven't been to Conn., I'm somewhat familiar with Western Mass.-is it a bit like that ?
Yeah, NW CT is similar to Western Mass except the hills are a bit smaller of course. Forests, less homes per square mile, ect. Even northern Fairfield county is similar with the less congestion, more rural areas, and dense woods.

Here's a couple of photos I posted from NW CT. Starting with the 2nd 3rd pic down. Then you'll see a view from a summit looking towards MA.

I'm usually the only one posting photos in that CT Photo thread. lol

Yesterday I posted some pics from Northern Fairfield County. Some cool spots there with hills, rivers, lakes, dirt roads.

Quote:
Friday seems so long ago, now that it's overcast & rainy (forecast to remain the same for next several days)..
Yeah, we had 9 straight days of Sun early April, that was amazing. Now 4 straight days of overcast. I hate it and it stinks for taking pictures.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:23 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,973 posts, read 41,765,730 times
Quote:
Yeah, NW CT is similar to Western Mass except the hills are a bit smaller of course. Forests, less homes per square mile, ect. Even northern Fairfield county is similar with the less congestion, more rural areas, and dense woods.
Not that familiar with NW Connecticut, but I suspect it's similar to areas just across the border but feels less remote. And the hills difference.

Wikipedia density maps:

Spoiler

Other difference is the Connecticut river valley in Massachusetts at least north of Holyoke is a mix of small towns and rural land in a flat-ish valley with big hills nearby, the Connecticut side is more sprawled over.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:25 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,973 posts, read 41,765,730 times
Quote:
Needs more hills.

Quote:
Common to water logs. They dry out fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or