Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:20 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,260 times

Advertisements

I just noticed yesterday in Burlington that I had five full bars everywhere, and 3G! Very nice to have just before the end of the year. My gf had one bar on Verizon, barely audible. So far, between Burlington and Montpelier I have much better signal than my former Verizon service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 07:22 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,661,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I just noticed yesterday in Burlington that I had five full bars everywhere, and 3G! Very nice to have just before the end of the year. My gf had one bar on Verizon, barely audible. So far, between Burlington and Montpelier I have much better signal than my former Verizon service.
I think the phone makes a huge difference. I have Verizon and on my old phone the reception was spotty. Since I got my new phone the reception has been perfect, even in areas of the state I could never get reception before. Not one dropped call in almost a year. The quality of the phone I think has very little to do with it. My sisters Blackberry gets spotty reception, but my LG is perfect at the same time and place.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:50 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vette View Post
My sisters Blackberry gets spotty reception, but my LG is perfect at the same time and place.
That's interesting. My BlackBerry with CREDO Mobile service gets incredible reception. When no one else's cell works, mine does.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 AM

986 posts, read 2,333,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
That's interesting. My BlackBerry with CREDO Mobile service gets incredible reception. When no one else's cell works, mine does.
Likely a different Blackberry, couple that with the different network and it's tough to compare. I've known people with similar issues on the same network in the same place.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:48 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,961,503 times
We were up in Stowe this past weekend, and our condo, which is fairly high in elevation and pretty far from town, usually leaves us with one bar on the edge network. We had 3G, full bars, all weekend. Couldn't believe it. Of course, this just meant more time checking emails, which sort of made it a double edged sword.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,012 times
Default Verizon cell phone coverage

I live in Shoreham, Addison County. Has anyone near me noticed a
sudden decline in Verizon's signal strength?

Old 09-11-2017, 05:36 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,033 times
We have Verizon but we're out of town right now. We will likely be back in Addison County next week sometime and I will try to remember to post here with our impressions. (Ugh. I hope this is not the case!)

In the short term, you might try calling Verizon - maybe something happened at / to one of their towers?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:33 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
I realize this is an ancient thread but...

Any cellular information is going to be 100% local. The carrier you choose all depends on your travel pattern. Verizon happens to work best for my travel pattern. Somebody else is going to tell you AT&T for their travel pattern.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM

1,343 posts, read 1,372,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlottagp View Post
I live in Shoreham, Addison County. Has anyone near me noticed a
sudden decline in Verizon's signal strength?
Back in Addison County now - mainly Middlebury area, so far - and thankfully no noticeable change in Verizon service.

carlottagp: Did things improve again for you after you posted?

Old 09-28-2017, 05:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,012 times
The signal strength out here - SE Shoreham - is still weak; one bar on my
LG phone, sometimes no bars at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont