U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:26 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,022,861 times

Advertisements

I just want to say this about Rutland - only hospital ER I have ever seen with a permanent sign on the wall detailing all the circumstances under which you can or can not get a prescription or a refill on pain meds, whether you are local or out of the area. Just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 07:19 PM

2,781 posts, read 998,477 times
On the hospital, I don't have much experience with it, but I understand it is the 2nd largest hospital in Vermont.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:00 PM

63 posts, read 74,201 times
So I'm going to be headed to Proctor (Rutland area) the first weekend of September for three days to check the area out. Any must see attractions, restaurants, etc? I really love museums and eclectic/odd food.

I'll be pretty booked during the day for meetings but will have time off in the evening to do some exploring, and I'll have time to stick around for an extra day to have a full day of exploring. I was thinking of hitting up Waterbury and maybe a drive up to Burlington. I'd be headed back to Syracuse so the drive won't be too bad either way.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:02 AM

13,730 posts, read 7,281,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balatro View Post
So I'm going to be headed to Proctor (Rutland area) the first weekend of September for three days to check the area out. Any must see attractions, restaurants, etc? I really love museums and eclectic/odd food.

I'll be pretty booked during the day for meetings but will have time off in the evening to do some exploring, and I'll have time to stick around for an extra day to have a full day of exploring. I was thinking of hitting up Waterbury and maybe a drive up to Burlington. I'd be headed back to Syracuse so the drive won't be too bad either way.
There's nothing at the Paramount Theater on Labor Day weekend. Here's a link to their calendar. Most of the time, there will be a few things every month worth attending:
Upcoming Events | Events | Paramount Theatre

The Vermont State Fair ends tomorrow. There's nothing at the Fairgrounds until a demolition derby on September 10. Here is the link to that:
The Vermont State Fair - Events

The Rustic Overtones are the free concert at Killington on September 3rd:
Killington - Events

There's an outdoor concert at Okemo in Ludlow on Friday September 2nd:
Jackson Gore Summer Music Series

For restaurants, I think Table 24 and Little Harry's are quite good.
Table 24 Restaurant | Rutland Vermont Dining | Fresh Food - Local Flavor<
Menus for Little Harry's Restaurant in Rutland Vermont - Rutland - SinglePlatform

Old 08-19-2016, 12:59 PM

16,936 posts, read 22,206,840 times
There is the maple museum in Pittsford.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:26 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,411,235 times
I would hit up the free concert at Killington. We go every Saturday. They have great bands and you can bring your own food and drinks. The venue is beautiful as you are right on the mountain.
The Garlic Festival in Bennington is Labor day weekend and is a lot of fun. It's a huge event with all sorts of food, music and vendors.
Waterbury is a craft beer, food mecca for the state. Great food places and craft beer is everywhere.
Stowe is a nice trip. You can stop by the Alchemist foe some Heady Topper, then take a trip over the notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or