U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 PM

11 posts, read 29,591 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, while I'm at it. Bleeding heart liberals do not have a lock on hypocrisy. Just look at the bunch of neocon criminals who are now running the show in DC.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:12 PM

4,657 posts, read 7,767,438 times
Neocon criminals? Okay, I'm a sucker, I'm taking the bait. I must warn you, I will destroy you, absolutely destroy you in geopolitics if you wanna go there. Just a fair warning. No "war for oil and Bush lied people died" talk. That's sophmoric at best, Bill Maher groupie talk at worst. The mantra of stupid people, in other words. Name 1 crime that so-called neocons(whatever the heck that means) commited. Actual crime mind you, not some international, UN, theoretical nonsense. Just 1.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:52 PM
PPG

508 posts, read 1,316,253 times
Why are you so angry? Nobody wants you to destroy anything! Calm down Scooter. You will be pardoned.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 29,591 times
Judging from the rampage of your post, you obviously already have your mind set in cement as to the virturousness of the present administration. Any web link I might point you to, any comments I might make are futile. I've learned not to waste my time debating folks wearing blinders. Your braggadoccio warning me how astute you are geopolitically, and how you will "absolutely destroy me" in any such discussion is the stuff internet Rambos are made of.
Find another sucker like yourself. BTW, it was you who called yourself a sucker.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 PM

4,657 posts, read 7,767,438 times
I have no love for this president. He spends like a drunken liberal and is an open borders/amnesty kinda guy. A liberal if there ever was one on these particular issues. I just look at things individually, not as a collective whole. Group think is boring and easy.

I admitted being a sucker, I'm not above self deprecation, not to be confused with self defecation, which thank God, since I've been sober has been a non occurance.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Yac

5,923 posts, read 6,505,682 times
Guys, keep the flame down in this thread. If it explodes, thread will be closed. Please.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:14 PM

2,147 posts, read 4,322,447 times
Default wow!

can I just say-I know the thread is an older one-
but,wow,if someone wants to live in a place with no walmart or god forbid starbucks,they are automatically part of the 'eco nuts?'
now,that's just illogical thinking at best.
I get the part about the leftist extremists and reactionary thinking/politics,but honestly using the anti development argument as support is very weak,as an observer,I must say.

We would LOVE to live somewhere with no chain stores.
We don't shop at costco,walmart,etc. Occasionally at Target,but honestly I can stand to drive an hour to do it.
[And we live in So Cal right now---]
We own nothing,have no capital,equity,etc,etc.
Nor are we against development or land use as a rule.
But believe me,those of you p'd off at the enviro nuts in VT,if you lived in so cal for day,you might be more measured in your responses and desires.

Besides,I think it's possible to have places with no 'chain store development',which is NOT the same as 'no development'.
Put on your thinking caps,people.

In fact,I think it's appropriate to have some towns and small cities that are not 'McWorld'; we all live here,after all. Let's leave some choice in the equation.

Does everywhere need to look,smell and taste the same?

ps-I visited brattleboro once,and TOTALLY agree about the co-op there. What is UP with that? Taking themselves too seriously? Co-op in our neck of the woods (er,sprawling development with no trees) is super friendly,down to earth and a nice place to be(: Just ask my 7 yr old.

pss-and hopefully in the last couple of years,a few of you have realized that both political parties are part of a divide and conquer tactic,being truly run by the same people! duh! Do your homework; I know you think you have,but clearly if you are having anti-bush arguments,then you have NOT. IMHO,of course.
There are bigger fish to fry. Anyone read Gatto's 'Underground History of American Education'?

Last edited by lrmsd; 06-28-2008 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: forgot

Old 07-11-2008, 05:41 AM

73 posts, read 227,137 times
wow. My husband urged me to read this due to the recent news, by the way we were there at hockey camp when the girl was missing. I am a southern girl, I think VT is beautiful, winters are like a post card, my husand tells me true Vt people aren't from NY, CT or other areas that they have come in with their liberal views. I do believe the Vermonters are nice but political view and Howard Dean do not stand up well. The last straw for me was that the news stated that VT has a help program for child molesters, granted all states battle their problems with this but a help program to let them live there and they can graduate from their program, people lets face it they do not get better and now a beautiful child is dead, not to mention if he didn't kill her she still would be dead inside, her innocence taken. I hope you vote for a different help program. I also remember some years back they had a slogan "Take Vermont back" due to a vote of civil unions that btw wasn't given to the people to actually vote. I am not trying to say one state is better than Vermont but I hope when you do vote you take back your state so it doesn't float so far liberal.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 AM

16,771 posts, read 28,940,663 times
Not all transplanted NYers are liberal nor all southerners ignorant rednecks.

Sheesh!

Old 07-11-2008, 07:59 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,051,483 times
We have plenty of chain stores here in Vermont, but we are just waiting for the big one that everyone wants-Target. Just thought I would lighten the mood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or