Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM

97 posts, read 383,240 times

Advertisements

I am twenty years old and have been living in NY my whole life, Buffalo for sixteen years and Albany for four. I want to get out of here for many reasons, I want to leave before I settle down with a family because as great as my life has been in New York, it's been much better when I'm out of town! I don't want to raise my kids here as I feel they will never get a real appreciation for life as they could in the places I am looking to move: Vermont, Montana, and Colorado.

To me, life is about appreciating the little things, having good neighbors who feel the same, loving and bonding with nature, working together and helping out the locals. I just can't do that here in Albany. That said, I am looking for a setting where I can wake up in the morning and know I am alive to live for that moment. Everytime I have been in Vermont, especially when I drive through (the drive through Vermont is the best part) I feel like I am home. I realize the taxes are high, as they are in New York and that it's hard to find a decent paying job.

I am willing to work hard to pay for the beauty and the "live and let live lifestyle" that is very evident in Vermont. I am getting my license for Massage Therapy and my Boyfriend of four years is working on an internship with a news station out here in Albany with a degree in TV Productions, he is looking to do free-lance Videography work for a while which is what he would do in VT.

I want to be surrounded by, live near/in the beautiful mountains while not being a hermit. I do not want to live in a touristy town, but rather a small town, more likely a rural setting or mountain scene than something like Burlington.

Are there any suggestions to where I could live? My budget for rent would be at most around $700.00 for a one-bedroom. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 PM

894 posts, read 1,558,343 times
Be careful what you wish for. You responded to a post with this in it "Yeah I would love to see laws that would require people clean up their yards, out of the respect to the land, which IS Vermont. I couldn't care less who's on the deed. I don't care about anyone's rights" by saying it is beautiful. Yet you write this '"live and let live lifestyle" that is very evident in Vermont.' Which one do you want? Depending on who you ask VT has the illusion of one and lots of the other. PS VT has one of the lowest rental vacancies in the country-> higher priced/ lower quality rentals.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustmove View Post
Be careful what you wish for. You responded to a post with this in it "Yeah I would love to see laws that would require people clean up their yards, out of the respect to the land, which IS Vermont. I couldn't care less who's on the deed. I don't care about anyone's rights" by saying it is beautiful. Yet you write this '"live and let live lifestyle" that is very evident in Vermont.' Which one do you want? Depending on who you ask VT has the illusion of one and lots of the other. PS VT has one of the lowest rental vacancies in the country-> higher priced/ lower quality rentals.
You've mixed up two liberal wackos. We all look-alike.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 15,131 times
Thumbs up Vermont and loving it

I am from Baltimore Maryland and 2 years ago I moved to Vermont THE GREEN MOUNTAIN STATE and would not have it any other way. Do I miss the TRAINS, PLANES, FIRETRUCKS, SMOGG ohyea the TRAFFIC OH NOOOOOOOOO It is now fall time in Vermont and beautiful the people are great really nice and friendly not rude and ignorant like back home. I only wish that I thought of this years ago so my children would apprieciate all the good things that life has to offer instead of material things. So if you are thinking to move to Vermont I say YESSSSSSSS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: