Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,499,170 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend pet boarding facilities in or around Brattleboro?

I will have to board my cats temporarily when I move up. One is diabetic, but the others do not need veterinary supervision.

I cannot have a pet sitter come to my home, as I will have have no home. I will have to live in a motel while I look for a new place. I had an apartment promised to me, and I had left a deposit, but my would-have-been landlord decided last week, 2-3 weeks before my planned move, and without so much as a telephone call to me, to rent the place to someone else. I only learned of this by coincidence. And I don't think I'll have time to visit before the move.

So much for verbal agreements.

For those of you who want to read of my adventures in Brattleboro, this is my first one. More like a misadventure. We'll see. As you can imagine, I am very angry and upset, and this experience has injected something ugly into my move. It has also caused serious inconvenience, extra moving costs and much more stress on the cats. But I am trying to stay positive and to not let it poison my feelings about moving or about living in Brattleboro. I hope that something good comes out of it, and that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise.

At least I have learned not to let my guard down, even in Vermont. No more verbal agreements on major matters. And I have learned not to procrastinate with paperwork, which is a lesson I have had to relearn several times. I have to own that my procrastination on sending him some paperwork probably contributed to my losing the apartment. Unless he was just using that as an excuse.

Meanwhile, I will have to put my stuff in storage, and, until I get a new place, board the cats and live in a motel. For their safety, and for my (relative) peace of mind, I do not want to keep them with me in a motel.

Hence, this post: Can anyone recommend pet boarding facilities in or around Brattleboro?

Last edited by arel; 08-16-2008 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,266,228 times
Most veterinary clinics offer boarding, and if they don't, they should be able to recommend someone to you.
Good luck with the house hunt..sorry to hear about what happened!
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: