Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:19 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,894,355 times

Advertisements

Oh WOW!!! This is unseasonal snow, right?

It looks very beautiful but can I just ask if you get it this early on does that mean it's going to be a really cold, snowy winter AND if it's snowing that convincingly in Vermont already will a similar situation happen in the surrounding New England areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,222,798 times
The trees haven't changed much here in Central VT either.....give it a couple weeks....the leaf peepers will be here in full force.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,819,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Oh WOW!!! This is unseasonal snow, right?

It looks very beautiful but can I just ask if you get it this early on does that mean it's going to be a really cold, snowy winter AND if it's snowing that convincingly in Vermont already will a similar situation happen in the surrounding New England areas?
:lol: Relax, this thread is a year old.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
:lol: Relax, this thread is a year old.
DOH!! I knew that!!!

Well not really but that's a HUGE relief!!!!

I mean it's very pretty and all but I'm heading into that snow business this year and I don't need to know that it's going to be like the North Pole from before October when I'm sitting here enjoying the Spring sunshine and wondering how on earth I'm going to acclimatize to minus temperatures in December and January when my body is used to 30c + that time of year.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,926,360 times
Moon! I saw your name as the last poster on the VT forum and wondered if you were there right now. As for relief from crippling cold for us weaklings down under, you cannot go past body heat. I'm sure there are certain NH residents who could demonstrate that for you...or maybe just one? *cough*

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Moon! I saw your name as the last poster on the VT forum and wondered if you were there right now. As for relief from crippling cold for us weaklings down under, you cannot go past body heat. I'm sure there are certain NH residents who could demonstrate that for you...or maybe just one? *cough*
60 sleeps til I am tormenting the residents of North America. Well the East Coast of North America anyway. Those poor sods on the West Coast have only got 57 more sleeps till Hurricane Moon hits town!

And yeah, SOMEONE is going to be very busy keeping me toasty while I b*tch and moan and shiver my way through the arctic NE winter!

BUT I got a goose down snow jacket now AND THERMALS!!! (aint they fun to try to find around here this time of year )

We're going to be going to Vermont too! And judging from the pics in the OP of this thread it's going to be just beautiful! Secretly, I can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont