Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:05 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flu189 View Post
LOL, this year is the first in a long time that I also owed, just a little to the feds, but even more to the state. May have caught a break on taxes due next year as this morning my wife found out she is being laid off. I have to wonder if her employer even considered that it's Good Friday and wait until Monday after Easter to drop the bomb especially considering that the layoff is not immediate, but will take effect in May. Oh well, add another one to the unemployment siphon and pay less taxes.
Sorry to hear about your wife.
We're taking a long look at life after almost 2 years here. It's just not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,856,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Sorry to hear about your wife.
We're taking a long look at life after almost 2 years here. It's just not working.
Thanks! We are really now also trying to figure out other options. My problem is that I have to deploy overseas at the end of the year so it would be much more difficult to try and make a major relocation now. I figure once I get back we'll regroup and "adjust fire" as at least during my deployment my income will be exempt from taxes. We are fortunate in that my kids are all in their twenties with degrees completed. Both also have found that their ability to sustain themselves here is pretty much out of the question and are making plans to relo as well. It's really a pretty strange and stressful period right now as we just don't know how far apart we will all be scattered in the next two or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont