U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM

275 posts, read 1,189,191 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread, but do not seem to be getting much feedback.......

Ok so here is a list of towns I have been recommended for the VT area. I welcome all feedback on each town. (both positive and negative) Thanks guys!
Middlebury
White River Junction
Williston
St. Johnsberry?
Brattleboro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 04:11 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,629,015 times
They are so different, it would be easier to
tell people here what you are looking for, personally.
Im in RUT-land and if I had it to do over again, other
than not come here at all, I would have gone for
Brattleboro or WRJ.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:34 PM

24 posts, read 90,447 times
Default Best VT Towns

Middlebury: Beautiful town with a great college there. I know it tends to be expensive in most parts unless you are way out in the mountains.

White River Junction: To be honest I have only driven through this town and stopped for food a couple times. From what I hear there isn't much going on and it might be worth looking at the neighboring NH towns. Lots of snow!

Williston: This is the area that I'm from and I love it! Williston is growing very fast and has some great neighboorhoods. Most people commute there for work since most of the large companies are there. A lot of fairly new resturants and stores have gone up in the last 3-4yrs and more are planned. The biggest downfall is the construction with roads being widened and big box stores moving in. The traffic can get bad. (in VT terms)

St. Johnsbury and Brattleboro I know very little about but I have been to both. St. Johnsbury has some very beautiful parts but also some VT hick areas. They do have a very good private school though. It's pretty lonely up there with 2hr commute to Burlington.

Why are you moving to VT? The Burlington area is beautiful and is growing very quickly. Williston, Essex, Jericho and Colchester are some of the towns around it and are all really nice. That's the first area in VT I'd look! Hope it helped and good luck with everything.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:54 AM

3,331 posts, read 8,787,411 times
It totally depends on what you are looking for. negreen gave you a pretty good run down.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 AM

15 posts, read 57,746 times
Lets see....... #1 Best more real Vermonters, #2 WORST least native Vermonters (real Vermonters equate to nicer people):
1) WRJ
2) St J
3) Brat
4) Middle
5) Williston

Old 04-13-2007, 03:14 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,199,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Lets see....... #1 Best more real Vermonters, #2 WORST least native Vermonters (real Vermonters equate to nicer people):
1) WRJ
2) St J
3) Brat
4) Middle
5) Williston
Should of attached a poll. I like St J. Best.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:04 PM

11 posts, read 17,159 times
I'd put Brattleboro at last for natives.
Depends on what u are looking for. Brattleboro has artistic folks, wanna-be gangsters, left-over 60's hippies, few farmers left, some ?who knows what they are & not sure they do? Middle of the line folks just livin & doin their own thing. St.J is smaller & not so liberal - small town near there Lyndonville is great - that there has some real old-time Vt'rs. If ya move there better know u'r cows and be a hunter & eat meat. Many towns or most are beautiful like the whole state. I will say if you are not independantly wealthy people better take a good look at employment opportunities. VT is not cheap to live in the wages are not enough v. cost of living. Then seems the majority of people moving in are fighting industry so don't expect to see any good, steady, secure jobs in the future either. But there are lots of fast food joints - seems they have no problem with 100's of them!? If you have children or teenagers take what I say seriously cause the service jobs are given to adults instead of students. Only choice a lot of adults have with the industry being driven out. Wonder if that might be why drug selling is hot? A teenager has very small chance of landing a PT job & if he/she does they can be treated however because there are 25 people waiting behind him/her to take their job. Oh & the law in VT if you want to fire a person you do not have to have any - yes, I said any reason. The only protection is sexual or disablity discrimination. So if ya work for me & I don't like the way u'r hair looks - good-bye
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or