U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,089,852 times

Advertisements

The Brattleboro Farmers Market is soooo Awesome!!! the guy with the Pate, with the french cooking, the Russian tea guy, the couple with west african food and the great vendors.

the worse place i ate in brattleboro was the vegetarian place downtown. It was tasteless, and the burritos had no spice, is that because people in VT afraid of spicy food or vegitarians dont season their food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
mjm

19 posts, read 49,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
The Brattleboro Farmers Market is soooo Awesome!!! the guy with the Pate, with the french cooking, the Russian tea guy, the couple with west african food and the great vendors.

the worse place i ate in brattleboro was the vegetarian place downtown. It was tasteless, and the burritos had no spice, is that because people in VT afraid of spicy food or vegitarians dont season their food?
Probably because it was a burrito. That was the only thing that I found disappointing about the food in VT - no real Mexican food anywhere! It seemed to me that nearly everyone was white, and the food was too. I am as well, but I come from a very diverse area. The county I grew up in is over 30% Hispanic/Latino, so needless to say, we have lots of good spicy food! Although that New England food is soooooo good, there is not a lot of variety. I found several places that had different foods, but they were not authentic.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 AM

12,267 posts, read 9,444,234 times
My family is crazy for the maple donuts made by The Very Small Donut Company in Waitsfield, and I love the Cabot Annex in Waterbury with all it's free samples.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 AM

i am crazy for Grafton Cheese and will drive in a snow storm for it, as well as good ole Maple Syrup.

the burritto wasnt the only thing bland at that restaurant(and I was talking about only that restuarant), the food was awful.

I love Mocha Joe's!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
mjm

19 posts, read 49,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
i am crazy for Grafton Cheese and will drive in a snow storm for it, as well as good ole Maple Syrup.

the burritto wasnt the only thing bland at that restaurant(and I was talking about only that restuarant), the food was awful.

I love Mocha Joe's!!!

Ahhhhh, Grafton cheese!!! Seriously, cheese has always been my favorite food, and Grafton's 1 yr cheddar is the best I have ever had! Just spent a bundle having a bunch shipped to me as a birthday gift to myself. I also got a fresh bottle of syrup.
Since I brought it up, do you know of any authentic Mexican places anywhere there? I would love to know if there was. The only place I came across was called "Gringo's" and I wasn't ABOUT to go in there!

Old 04-20-2007, 02:55 PM

i dont think so, i lived in Mexico growing up and I can tell you I havent found many in the Northeast that meet the truly authentic--though my palate is probably too sensitive to authentic foods from TExas mexico and central america

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 6,768 times
ooo00ooo fav vermont food... BEN AND JERRYS all ovr the usa delish originated in vt and u can find it anywere and its
AMAZING... oooo yes ben and jerrys most definatly

Old 05-11-2007, 03:01 PM

snow and maple syrup

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 4,217 times
Default My Favorite Food

My favorite food is salsa. I must admit I am a salsa addict. I have a salsa collection in my cupboard, probably 20 different brands at the moment. Some of my favorite salsas are Newmen's Own Peach, and Granny BLossom's apple salsa. My #1 favorite salsa has to be with out a doubt Michaela's Gourmet "Famous Original". It is just the right thickness (not too chunky /not runny), and the flavor is to die for!!!!!!!
I have never tasted another salsa this good. It is head and shoulders above anything else.

[URL="http://www.newmansown.com"]WWW.newmansown.com[/URL] (Newman''s Own)
[url=http://www.grannyblossom.com]Granny Blossom's Specialy Foods[/url] (Granny Blossom)

[url=http://www.vtsalsa.com]VTSalsa Home[/url] (Michaela's Gourmet)

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,217 times
Snow and maple syrups is delctible. I concur!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont