Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:03 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
Well, except for hot, sticky Vermont summer days.
and they aren't even all that hot.

i went back to Chicago last summer and I forgot about the feeling of walking out of an air conditioned house only to feel like you've been blasted by a furnace.

and even on our hottest days, our cooler nights ensure that it doesn't really get all that hot here until about 1pm, and then it starts to cool down around 5 pm.

the humidity here surprised me ....it shouldn't have though. vermont's not green because it's dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 PM

91 posts, read 131,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annkathryn View Post
Florida has a wonderful climate. July, Aug and Sept are hot but not near as humid as the midwest where I'm from. The rest of the year is heaven on earth, low humdity and I'd take those few hot months over harsh bitter winters ANYDAY.
I hear ya as far as taking hot over cold anyday.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:09 PM

91 posts, read 131,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
The heat, the humidity, the crowds, the traffic, the crime, the transient nature of the population, the development, the strip malls, the roads, the stress, the threat of hurricanes, the illegals everywhere, the overall quality of life. That about does it.
Although I prefer heat to cold, Florida is not on my list of relocation possibilities, and mostly for the reasons you mentioned.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM

12 posts, read 44,451 times
To annkathryn...

Im not sure where you are in florida, but Im in central florida close to orlando and its hot and miserable from May to November...Many like it sticky but its like you can never get clean!!
Just my opinion of course

Old 11-23-2012, 10:53 AM

662 posts, read 1,259,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Now is the time to do it. You'll probablly never get a place in Florida as cheap as you can now. You get what you pay for. I lived in N.H. for 47 years and down here for the last ten. I know where i "fit".
It looks like you're back in NH now.I like a four day vacation in February to FL but would never consider moving there!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 12:23 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,620,530 times
I've been in Florida for almost 5yrs now and have been planning my escape for the past few months. I've been looking for a job in VT, NH, ME and my home before moving here, NC. I can't wait to have four seasons again and get away from most of the things people have complained about on this thread. I will say, I haven't been bothered at all by the Latin population/illegals someone else complained about. I have a hard time telling if someone is here legally or illegally.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Popular old thread with some good discussion.

We discussed moving down to FL last night. Job situations are changing, and an opening came up down there that we would be silly not to explore 110%.

The continual rain this week has made it easier to discuss LOL

Possible snow in the mountains coming up as well

Old 05-27-2013, 09:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Popular old thread with some good discussion.

We discussed moving down to FL last night. Job situations are changing, and an opening came up down there that we would be silly not to explore 110%.

The continual rain this week has made it easier to discuss LOL

Possible snow in the mountains coming up as well
We are in upstate NY and certainly understand how you're feeling right now...BUT the sun is out today and by the weekend it will be in the 80's.

We spend several months in the winter in the FL Keys but are OUT of there coming mid April. The humidity is too oppressive. We are happy to head home, see the mountains and hills, green green grass of spring and the flowers popping up.

If you are serious about moving there, seriously suggest you rent first. There are many forclosured homes, empty malls and businesses. When we watched the evening news it is filled with crimes and homicides. Just my two cents.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:41 PM

31 posts, read 47,825 times
Default Florida = Misery

Quote:
Originally Posted by annkathryn View Post
Florida has a wonderful climate. July, Aug and Sept are hot but not near as humid as the midwest where I'm from. The rest of the year is heaven on earth, low humdity and I'd take those few hot months over harsh bitter winters ANYDAY.
I grew up and lived in Florida for 25 years and lived in Indiana for 12 years and I can say from my own personal experience, Florida is terrible, hot, and humid as can be. I would never go back there! I have people from time to time tell me I am crazy to have left there. Lol, these are individuals who have never lived there and have no clue what they say.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:43 PM

31 posts, read 47,825 times
Default Amen to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
The heat, the humidity, the crowds, the traffic, the crime, the transient nature of the population, the development, the strip malls, the roads, the stress, the threat of hurricanes, the illegals everywhere, the overall quality of life. That about does it.
I think you just about summed up all of the miserable qualities of the State of Florida, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont