U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 PM

55 posts, read 179,128 times

Advertisements

I'm with you, Yankee Tom. Wal Marts, while appearing economical and convenient are predatory leeches that suck the business life right out of communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 PM

124 posts, read 571,259 times
Kozmic Ninja, Yankee Tom and Giselle:

All I can say is right on, right on and, (did I mention it?), right on to your above posts regarding that cancerous, lechorous, juggernaut of evil that is WalMart! They encapsulate everything that has gone wrong, wrong, wrong with America today. They have almost single-handedly destroyed the treasured mom and pop retail economy of this nation. They have denied many would be small-business owners the opportunity to run every-day, average working-peoples' type of small businesses that was the hallmark and very foundation of our democratic way of doing business. I think it's disgusting and un-American that this has faded into the vortex of the WalMart-ization of retail corporate "debauchery." Oh well, we can choose to purchase locally at the ever-decreasingly fewer locally-owned businesses that still exist, whenever possible. If not possible, then buy over the internet from small entreprenuers.

Just say no to WalMart and some of the other "big-box bullies."

Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
Williston might be the perfect fit for you! I've lived in VT my whole life - 30 years. Williston has the WallMart and an expansive shopping center, but go a little further into the town of williston and you won't feel like you're living in the city. Some really nice suburbs too if you'd like that as well. I'm a Realtor in the area, so let me know if I can help.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,194,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate_sc View Post
My family and I are thinking about moving to Vermont. Somewhere in the vicinity of central to southern Vermont. Where would be a good area to raise a family and have a "country" feel. A town where a Walmart, shopping stores,etc...are nearby. Don't won't a crowed city,but don't in the "woods" either. Hope you kinda get the idea of a town we are looking for. All info and help will be greatly appreciated.
Now you did it. You got the down with Walmart crowd Chanting. LOL VT has very few Walmarts. As the state fights any and all development. Even cell towers. LOL they Might cast a shadow Anyway if you truly like VT there is a Walmart in Barre/Berlin , Rutland, Bennington, and Williston. All are small walmarts. I think the largest is about 200,000 sq ft. But Hinsdale NH has 1 and that borders Battlebore. And Littleton NH has 1 And that is about 20 min From St J. There is also 1 in West Lebanon NH and that is just the other side of the river from White river Junction. West Lebanon is a true shopping Mecca for the area. And Littleton Is Getting there for the ST J. area of VT. I would stick to the ST J. Area of VT myself. ( that is just my opinion though) but either St J. or white river offer work and shopping Within 20 min. Just go across the river Funny VT fights development to the point of no jobs but most complain that they have to come to NH to shop Unfortunately it can't go both ways. After Walmart finally gave up St. J and went to Littleton after years of trying for St J. , Now St J is trying to attract Walmart.
Even towns that thought it to be bad see the benefits it brings when the Neighbors get 1 and every one goes there to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or