Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:42 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,112,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
WHAT'S KEEPING YOU HERE AND TAINTING the state for anyone else?????

I believe they've already left Vermont. Just sticking around the forum fomenting misery and not really moving on, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,182,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
I believe they've already left Vermont. Just sticking around the forum fomenting misery and not really moving on, I guess.
S-catmom! I have read your posts and totally respect your voice....Please dion't pick a sentence out of a speech! I love this state more than most people I meet and find myself defending it a lot! I hire multi generations of persons and don't understand their disdain for a place I chose to live 2200 miles from any damn soul I ever knew. If by chance I make any remark in the disfavor of VT , BELIEVE ME it is a misperception!!!!! Some words might be Misconstrued, but my favor CAN NOT!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
S-catmom! I have read your posts and totally respect your voice....Please dion't pick a sentence out of a speech!

Thank you for your feedback on my posts. I'm sorry to say I'm not sure what you're referring to. I apologize if I said something that offended.

I was answering the question, "What's keeping 'mustmove' in Vermont." My answer is that I think 'mustmove' has already moved, but is lingering on this forum and not moving on from Vermont mentally (even though discussion here might be pleasanter if they did).

Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 PM

98 posts, read 349,856 times
Quote:

Yeah, (s)he is not in VT anymore (if (s)he ever was)...

I'm just ignoring him/her/it. (S)he isn't adding anything to the conversation and isn't worthy of my time.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
S-catmom! I have read your posts and totally respect your voice....Please dion't pick a sentence out of a speech! I love this state more than most people I meet and find myself defending it a lot! I hire multi generations of persons and don't understand their disdain for a place I chose to live 2200 miles from any damn soul I ever knew. If by chance I make any remark in the disfavor of VT , BELIEVE ME it is a misperception!!!!! Some words might be Misconstrued, but my favor CAN NOT!!!!!!!!
I think she was just saying that "mustmove" isn't in VT, but chooses to stay on the VT forums to annoy everyone with their ignorance, that's all.
You and Sheryl and I should just ignore him/her/it. The person is just a waste of time.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:25 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,182,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groens View Post
I think she was just saying that "mustmove" isn't in VT, but chooses to stay on the VT forums to annoy everyone with their ignorance, that's all.
You and Sheryl and I should just ignore him/her/it. The person is just a waste of time.
My bad! Just have seen so much Vt bashing from "locals" and when I went to sooo much turmoil to get here.(not to mention $) Jeez I even cry when I get that first "norman rockwell" snow. I fought to get to this point of peace and I guess I'm a bit overzealous sometimes.....if I misconstrued any remark, shame on me! Just nice to have a passion again and love the place I live!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
My bad! Just have seen so much Vt bashing from "locals" and when I went to sooo much turmoil to get here.(not to mention $) Jeez I even cry when I get that first "norman rockwell" snow. I fought to get to this point of peace and I guess I'm a bit overzealous sometimes.....if I misconstrued any remark, shame on me! Just nice to have a passion again and love the place I live!
I love Vermont. I'm a transplant from SFla and have lived in other East Coast states. I've experienced several places I DON'T want to be. If I didn't like where I was I'd go somewhere else. In fact, that's just what I did.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I love Vermont. I'm a transplant from SFla and have lived in other East Coast states. I've experienced several places I DON'T want to be. If I didn't like where I was I'd go somewhere else. In fact, that's just what I did.
That's exactly what we're doing, too!
I've lived in several different cities in 3 different countries, and have taken very long visits to countless cities in 6 more countries... I'm all about being somewhere I love-- and Houston ain't it!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM

7 posts, read 14,691 times
Default Colchester Is A Great Place

I tell you what, I think you should move to Colchester Vermont. It's a beatiful farming area. The town is about 28 miles wide. It's very wide spread and nice. I consider this. It does have 17,000 people in the town but a grand amount of them live in the Malletts bay area. The town has no crime at all and is very nice and rural. It has a ton of farming land. I consider this. There's a lot of farms in Colchester. It's surronded by Milton and the Champlain Islands which also have farming. The farming in those places aren't that good as Colchester. It's a very good farming area.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ferrera View Post
I tell you what, I think you should move to Colchester Vermont. It's a beatiful farming area. The town is about 28 miles wide. It's very wide spread and nice. I consider this. It does have 17,000 people in the town but a grand amount of them live in the Malletts bay area. The town has no crime at all and is very nice and rural. It has a ton of farming land. I consider this. There's a lot of farms in Colchester. It's surronded by Milton and the Champlain Islands which also have farming. The farming in those places aren't that good as Colchester. It's a very good farming area.
We're looking everywhere. We did see some cute affordable houses in Colchester if I recall correctly. Thx for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont