Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 03:32 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,268,649 times

Advertisements

Gypsy..the guy was probably from New Hampshire!
Seriously though...that sucks. There are jerks everywhere, but thankfully they seem to be few and far between.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:36 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
Gypsy..the guy was probably from New Hampshire!
Seriously though...that sucks. There are jerks everywhere, but thankfully they seem to be few and far between.
LOL! Nope, I think I have seen him around the neighborhood before. Can mistake those dogs...few people have them.

I go with the theory arguing with us made his day...poor old crank...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Today at the park some old man and his wife were walking their dogs while we were there with our son and dog.

The dogs came over and were bothering our dog, so we decided to do what we always do, leash her and leave. The dogs would not go away and the man got angry when we asked him to call off his dogs. I kept shooing them because my husband could not get the leash on our dog. These were massive dogs and my son was getting scared of being knocked over as well.

Basically this annoyed the man (and asking him to call off his dogs). He told us to get our "asses out of the park and go back to Connecticut or New York."
My husband told him we LIVED HERE and have every right to be here. He kept mouthing off to us that we hated dogs and it was pathetic.

My son was with us and I don't know why this guy was just an idiot. Last time I looked this was America and we are allowed to go anywhere we want.

I really cannot believe how ignorant some people are...
Is it news that there are rednecks in VT?

Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM

459 posts, read 1,036,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Nice guy. I would have asked him when the surgery was rescheduled for -- obviously they didn't get the bug out of his ass the first time.
OK. Thats pretty funny.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:16 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BickleTravis View Post
Is it news that there are rednecks in VT?
He wasn't the hill billy redneck type. Sort of looked like a well off older man (nicely dressed in a dress coat, tweet type hat). It's not every day you get into a verbal altercation with a 60-70 something man...he was blathering on about 'humanism' or something..(maybe he was a former humanities or philosophy professor). Missed having a captive audience of students...

The poor wife was bringing up the rear like "Oh no, not again." Funny thing, I have a quite an argumentative spouse (though his manners are much better than this cranky man's.)

Old 12-30-2009, 04:51 PM

23,600 posts, read 70,412,676 times
It very well could be Alzheimers. Anger is a fairly common symptom that some people get when brain connections start to fall apart. If that is the case, give it a few years and he won't be around. Expect to see other examples as the population ages. A lot of Vermonters spent their entire lives repressing emotions. When dementia sets in a lot of that unfinished business floods out. I've seen it too often.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,716 times
Gypsy; I am so sorry to hear what you went thru. I don't think it's the area your in because I go thru the same thing with people like that in Nashville. You are a great Dog Mom!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
There's bad dog owners everywhere. I don't like the bad cat owners much better. A neighbor let their cat run loose and it chose our garden for a litterbox. Dug up a bunch of plants. THe neighbor said "that's just fertilizer." Yeah, for the plants no longer there, on top of, using cat manure is never recommended for safety reasons. Changed their tune quick when they saw me (intended them to) with my scoped .22 guarding the garden from the garage roof. Kept their cat under control then (no I wasn't actually going to shoot it, but the owner didn't know that...).

Couldn't do that in a city or dense town though...

On another board I'm one, someone in WV has bad neighbors running dogs on their land and poaching deer with them too.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There's bad dog owners everywhere. I don't like the bad cat owners much better. A neighbor let their cat run loose and it chose our garden for a litterbox. Dug up a bunch of plants. THe neighbor said "that's just fertilizer."
That's horrible. Once again, the animals get a bad name and it's the humans' fault. Ugh, I'm glad you were able to dissuade their bad behavior before someone hurt the poor cat.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
What a terrible experience for your son to have had! (not to say it wasn't bad enough for you) There are jerks in every state! I am a true Vermonter and I know many people that are very ignorant like that. I know overall that VT has a friendly reputation, but you will find people like that EVERYWHERE! They will target the issue they think/know will bother an individual and use that as verbal ammunition, like the man you encountered. Sorry you had to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont