Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM

274 posts, read 673,808 times

Advertisements

Had a great Vermont night today. We were out for a drive late this afternoon due to the pretty sunscape. Ended up in Jeffersonville and ate dinner at the Three Mountain Lodge, which the Burlington Free Press featured today. We had an outstanding night that we feel represented Vermont. The live music tonight happened to be a woman and her partner that we coincidentally met earlier in the week 50 minutes away (small world, Vermont!), we were seated next to two families from Jersey (and yes, some of the stereotypes held true..but they were happy to be in VT and soaking up the experience), a bi-racial couple from somewhere else (who unfortunately seemed to get a lot of stares...that was unnerving for me since I came from somewhere else more diverse), a picture perfect family from 'away' dressed in matching Lands End wear right down to the matching Father/Son Norwegian sweaters. and lots of locals young and old with especially salty demeanor. The food was okay but the atmosphere was great. If I was Hemingway, I could have written a novel tonight just with simple observations of the place and people. I love when we find a place where so many segments of Vermont intersect, and all are happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 08:08 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,935,813 times
It does happen. The real treasures are the folks we find along the way in this lovely state. There have been afternoons on the lakes that I wish would never end. Evenings enjoying sunsets or fireworks with just about anyone. Hiking on the Long Trail. Even shoveling the driveway (though not always) Conversations that are struck up with strangers, or someone that you vaguely know without notice. I met Howard Dean at a local fair once and we had a most pleasant non-political chat. Doug Racine too. You just never know who you'll bump in to. Magic moments all over the place here for me and the feeling still hasn't grown old after 24 years. It's a good place to be. Glad you had a great evening, momnh!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,132,977 times
Good fun!

square peg's comments remind me that we regularly see several neighbors at the co-op. We always greet each other, "Hiya, Neighbor!" After chatting, we always say, "See you back at home."

Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,736 times
The 158 Main in downtown Jeffersonville has great breakfasts.

158 Main Restaurant & Bakery :: Official Website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont