Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Modern Warefare 3 vs Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3 29 46.77%
Battlefield 3 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,062 times

Advertisements

All of the COD titles have had pretty horrible spawns. Treyarch failed to fix any of the bugs, in fact with their latest patch many of my members games freeze several times a map.

How much is the Hardened Edition ? I highly doubt you get DLC for free, if they put out three thats a $45 value and a huge hit for a company who just wants to put out a game that will last 1 year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,062 times
Just saw the description and price and it does look like its DLC included. Save a whole like $6 =)

Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post

Battlefield 3 Guillotine Gameplay Teaser - YouTube
So the latest BF3 trailer (or rather teaser, since it's only 49 seconds long) made me think the game might have improved drastically on it's weakest point - the single player campaign. What do you guys think ?
Yac.
Nice!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:34 PM

32,090 posts, read 34,696,690 times
I'll weigh in on this as a relatively new "gamer" (even though I've only played 3 COD games, Medal of Honor, Madden and L.A. Noire).

I bought my PS3 this summer and started out with Black Ops. I only play in campaign mode. I was blown away until I played Modern Warfare. And I was blown away by Modern Warfare until I played Modern Warfare 2. I love the storylines in COD, but I actually thought the graphics were better in Medal of Honor. MOH had too many glitches, though, and the game had too many restraints on movement.

I've been looking at a few trailers for BF3 and I defintely see how it could be better. If EA has improved upon MOH's graphics (and it appears they have) and also added in other features to make the game feel more realistic (and it appears they have), then it could beat COD easily. I'll probably buy both, but I'm only buying COD because I want to complete the story. For the most part, the graphics seem to be the same as MW2. BF3, on the other hand, seems to be going HAM. They're trying to take it to a whole different level.

Here's a link I found comparing the two:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1674...#disqus_thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
I have to give MW3 2.5 less STARS because I saw a video this morning showing that it has quickscoping gameplay. Great for all the 8 to 12 year olds, but horrible for all other players. Still, Im sure the fun factor of FFA will be greater than BF3.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:56 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its not even close. MW3 all the way. Dont just take my word for it though. You'll see by just the sheer number of those games that will be sold, how many sports, entertainment and other high profile people and industries will be talkign about MW3, and by how many people will STILL be playing (and buying) MW3 long after the initial "new game fun" of Battlefield has worn off. The marketing blitz alone on MW3 completely dwarfs Battlefield. As will the number games sold and the number of players playing online. Just bookmark this post and come back a couple months after both games are released and see which is the greater success.

MW3 is the most anticipated game since MW2. Battlefield is not even close. I know a LOT of guys who bought Bad Company and ended up selling them or scrapping them while they just jumped right back onto MW2 with the 17+ million other users.

BTW, I have friends on Xbox live who are ranked like 17 million on MW2 while I am ranked 320,000 in kills.
MW3 will be a good game, but mw2 was the worst cod ever, and the most unplayable game ever made.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
The ironic thing is, I don't WANT the COD fans playing BF3. They can't grasp it, they don't understand tactical team warfare games, the concept of team work, flanking, cover, and combined arms. Most of them aren't mature enough, or have too short attention spans. Most of what they want to improve is K/D ratios, without understanding that BF is not about KD at all. It's very frustrating. In BBC2 the COD fans are the ones that either hold back on offense with sniper rifle way way back from the front line (thus contributing absolutely nothing to the goal of arming the crates and helping the team), or base camping with a hope to get an easy cheap kill. Or, they go all Rambo and run into the enemy base camp by themselves and become bullet magnets very quick (but that's OK actually because at least they are a diversion...but those are the ones that usually end up saying 'I hate BF').
The useless COD-breed snipers on my team? I usually arm myself with the laser tag gun and put a big flashing red flare into their forehead. The snipers on the other team - usually get cold steel in their back as they stare like zombies in their scopes.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,071 times
MW3 is way better

Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,272,821 times
I've played both at one time or another and I like both. The "campaign" in BF looks better though.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
BF3. BF mulitplayer on the pc was absolute blast. But then again it supported a lot of people per server/game. It blew away any COD experience I've had. However, I now game on consoles and I understand they won't support near as many players as the pc version. But I still plan on getting it and not MW3. Really, I just need to build a nice gaming pc rig again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games