Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 09:30 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times

Advertisements

Sex - Male
Race - Khajiit
Class - I kill and steal however necessary
Level - high 30's
Main Outfit - elven armour with volstag
Weapons - ebony battle axe with frost damage/shield of eminent blocking, various shouts
Wife - In process of deciding
Home - whiterun, riften, markarth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Wood Elf
level 27
Stealth archer
Elven armor enchanted
All kinds of weapons

pretty hard class to play even with 100 sneak. I have a lot of trouble with multiple mages. They keep reserrecting one another. Other than that I pretty much kill everything.

Recently started playing a pure mage. Challenging as well

Old 01-06-2012, 11:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Recently started playing a pure mage. Challenging as well
Thats pretty much how I started out in the game. Just yesterday I figured out that I can enchant my weapons. I know, I know, Im a complete NOOOB to these games so I didnt know. I enchanted two of my seven katana blades and been smoking all my enemies with them two handed akimbo style.

Bought the Honeyside house in Riften yesterday and actually like it. Would move my wife there but worry that she'd be attacked by some of the riff raf that live in the city.

I really really really really want Vlindrel (Markarth) and Hjerim (Windhelm) but my game is totally bugged and cant get either of them despite being offered to buy both.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times
Wood Elf
Level 70
Absolute Stealth Assasin
Deadric Armor (Fortify Archery, Fortify Sneak, etc)
Daedric Bow (with Daedric and Ebony Arrows)

By mid-game, I had no problem one-hitting pretty much everything except really big stuff like Dragons, Mammoths, Dremora, etc. To me, this seems by far the most natural way to play. I tried making a mage character, and it felt so utterly unnatural and bizarre I gave up. It wasn't that it was hard, it just felt completely alien and wrong to not sneak around in the shadows.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:03 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
Hey Lunar Delta - are you able to kill those Giants with your arrow / stealth attacks?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:25 PM

With a combination of my Daedric bow, an ebony arrow, the 3.0x sneak attack bonus, and the 2.0x critical hit bonus, my effective damage was 1050.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 01-08-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Wow Lunar... you're character is DEADLY! Normally a lot of people are killed by those Giants! Where do you acquire a Daedric Bow and ebony arrows? Are those the most powerful bows and arrows in Skyrim.

I guess you pickup and resuse your ebony arrows after each kill?

Do you have trouble with mages? Do you kill them or they kill you?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Wood Elf
Level 70
Absolute Stealth Assasin
Deadric Armor (Fortify Archery, Fortify Sneak, etc)
Daedric Bow (with Daedric and Ebony Arrows)

By mid-game, I had no problem one-hitting pretty much everything except really big stuff like Dragons, Mammoths, Dremora, etc. To me, this seems by far the most natural way to play. I tried making a mage character, and it felt so utterly unnatural and bizarre I gave up. It wasn't that it was hard, it just felt completely alien and wrong to not sneak around in the shadows.
I have a near identical build, though level 62. I also found by even level 40 the game was full blown ez mode, even on master difficulty. I didn't enchant anything either, so just using what I found (I still use the DB armor). It was disappointing. That's the problem with beth games, the higher levels and endgame are usually severely unbalanced.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM

I crafted the Daedric bow myself out of ebony ingots and a Daedra heart. I found the ebony arrows lying around in various places, especially in Dwemer ruins. The Daedric bow is the most powerful bow, and the most powerful arrows are Daedric arrows. I used mine up fighting Alduin though.

And yes, I always recover my arrows.

I never had trouble with any enemy types. I maxed out my sneak and archery very early on. When I get swarmed with enemies, the time slowing perk is very useful for picking them off one-by-one.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM

What are the damage specs and value of a Daedric bow? Do you have to be a Wood Elf to be the best kind of archer? Do you get good enough damage using regular arrows from a Daedric bow also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games