Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 PM

519 posts, read 728,762 times

Advertisements

I've played a decent amount of time on this game, and It's pretty good. I like how it's sandbox style, how you get to make choices, and the graphics are good. I don't like the lagging that happens, the glitches that mess the missions up and having to re-do them, and the menu freezing up. Overall I'd give it a B. Not great, but fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 AM

207 posts, read 283,885 times
Anyone ever come across an issue where the difficulty just seems to skyrocket out of nowhere? I've had no problem with dragons or giants, but sometimes I come across one of the same and they're 100x harder to kill. Wasn't sure if it was just me slacking or a known problem? I am playing on default just for exploration and will be switching to master, but I just found it odd I can easily take down a dragon, then one of the same kind appears about a half hour later and it's damn near impossible. (360 version)

Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,147,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_by_Cedar View Post
Anyone ever come across an issue where the difficulty just seems to skyrocket out of nowhere? I've had no problem with dragons or giants, but sometimes I come across one of the same and they're 100x harder to kill. Wasn't sure if it was just me slacking or a known problem? I am playing on default just for exploration and will be switching to master, but I just found it odd I can easily take down a dragon, then one of the same kind appears about a half hour later and it's damn near impossible. (360 version)
I ran into this once on the PS3. Without getting up, I went from taking down a dragon with ease to getting demolished by a Draugr Deathlord. Checked my difficulty settings - it had set itself to Master. Changed it back to Adept and was fine.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:07 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
I'm stuck on a glitch now with the Imperial army storyline in Winterhold. I go to meet the lady at the secret imperial camp to get my next mission, the little white arrow points to her but I don't get the option to get my next set of orders in the dialogue.

I have the patch (Xbox360) already too. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM

519 posts, read 728,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm stuck on a glitch now with the Imperial army storyline in Winterhold. I go to meet the lady at the secret imperial camp to get my next mission, the little white arrow points to her but I don't get the option to get my next set of orders in the dialogue.

I have the patch (Xbox360) already too. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, that happened to me too, expect it was the Stormcloaks. It told me to talk to this guy after I beat a fort mission, and it wouldn't do anything when I talked to him. Just out of pure luck, I killed everyone besides him who were in my army, and then it finally worked lol. Thats my problem with the game, a lot of glitches happen. What I suggest, is that you save a lot.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,898,033 times
I for the life of me, cannot figure out why the Arch Mage and some other chicks keep attacking me right before the "Hitting the Books" quest at the college of Winterhold. I go to the Arch Mage, tell about the discovery, then he gets up and I follow him down the steps and through the door, then all of a sudden, some chick says "Who's there" (or something like that) and starts attacking me, and even the Arch Mage goes after me. I had to run because they were both too much for me to deafeat.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I for the life of me, cannot figure out why the Arch Mage and some other chicks keep attacking me right before the "Hitting the Books" quest at the college of Winterhold. I go to the Arch Mage, tell about the discovery, then he gets up and I follow him down the steps and through the door, then all of a sudden, some chick says "Who's there" (or something like that) and starts attacking me, and even the Arch Mage goes after me. I had to run because they were both too much for me to deafeat.
The Archmage reminds me of an a-hole teacher I had back in high school...

The mage storyline bugged me too; it was too short and not epic enough. Of course, in the end you (predictably) become the archmage yourself, but even then everyone in the game treats you like you're on your first year at Hogwarts.

Very disappointing, Bethesda.... but I'll forgive y'all because the Thieve's Guild storyline rocked.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:17 PM

207 posts, read 283,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I ran into this once on the PS3. Without getting up, I went from taking down a dragon with ease to getting demolished by a Draugr Deathlord. Checked my difficulty settings - it had set itself to Master. Changed it back to Adept and was fine.
Yep. That's what happened. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:16 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,651,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The Archmage reminds me of an a-hole teacher I had back in high school...

The mage storyline bugged me too; it was too short and not epic enough. Of course, in the end you (predictably) become the archmage yourself, but even then everyone in the game treats you like you're on your first year at Hogwarts.

Very disappointing, Bethesda.... but I'll forgive y'all because the Thieve's Guild storyline rocked.
lol this game sounds hilarious

Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,147,082 times

SKYRIM:MOST EPIC CABBALANCHE :-D - YouTube

I'm loving the Skyrim videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games