Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 AM

2,855 posts, read 10,395,175 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of getting my child a Nintendo DS for Christmas, or perhaps the DSi.

Does the DSi actually have any games specifically for it? It seems all the games I can find say DS on the side. Does that mean I can play ALL games on a regular DS??

I'd rather spend less money and buy the DS as opposed to the DSi, if they both play all the same games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,129,480 times
There are a few DSi-specific titles, such as System Flaw, but they are few and far between. All DS-games, with the exception of those that make use of the GBA slot (like Guitar Gero), will play on the DSi.

That being said, there are noticeable differences in the firmware for the DSi over the DS - such as the ability to tap the power button to return to the home menu. For the DS, if you want to change games, you have to turn the system completely off. With the DSi, you don't have to.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 AM

2,855 posts, read 10,395,175 times
So in your opinion, would I be better off buying the DSi or regular DS ???

Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 PM

244 posts, read 332,150 times
There's also difference in camera. DSi has 2 so you can switch views easily. It's fun. DSi is better than DS in my opinion like any generation of gaming consoles, the next gen is better in many ways. It should play majority of games that your child would want to play.

There's also Nintendo 3DS, which has come down significantly in price. It is super fun with 3D features that you can play with. If you like Pokemon series, they are coming up with a new one.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,129,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
So in your opinion, would I be better off buying the DSi or regular DS ???
Having used all variations of the DS-series, I'd say go with the DSi.

The 3DS would be an option, but it's considerably more expensive than the DSi and has very few games for the extra cost. I think so far, the 3DS has a whopping three games that interest me. There's also the rumour that the 3DS is looking at either a new attachment or a revision, so I'm personally waiting to see what becomes of that rumour before I make any purchase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games