Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Modern Warefare 3 vs Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3 29 46.77%
Battlefield 3 33 53.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 12:54 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,685 times

Advertisements

Which game will be better and why?

I will be getting both, but give the edge to BF3 for many reason.

-Realistic recoil on weapons
-New Frostbite 2 engine
-Team based tactical warefare
-Vechicles
-Destructible environment
-Sound effects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
BF series for the same reasons as above - as well as:
1.) Larger Maps
and
2.) More mature players (got tired of turning on COD and hearing the prepuscent voices swearing and using racial epitaths over the headphones).

Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Its not even close. MW3 all the way. Dont just take my word for it though. You'll see by just the sheer number of those games that will be sold, how many sports, entertainment and other high profile people and industries will be talkign about MW3, and by how many people will STILL be playing (and buying) MW3 long after the initial "new game fun" of Battlefield has worn off. The marketing blitz alone on MW3 completely dwarfs Battlefield. As will the number games sold and the number of players playing online. Just bookmark this post and come back a couple months after both games are released and see which is the greater success.

MW3 is the most anticipated game since MW2. Battlefield is not even close. I know a LOT of guys who bought Bad Company and ended up selling them or scrapping them while they just jumped right back onto MW2 with the 17+ million other users.

BTW, I have friends on Xbox live who are ranked like 17 million on MW2 while I am ranked 320,000 in kills.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its not even close. MW3 all the way. Dont just take my word for it though. You'll see by just the sheer number of those games that will be sold, how many sports, entertainment and other high profile people and industries will be talkign about MW3, and by how many people will STILL be playing (and buying) MW3 long after the initial "new game fun" of Battlefield has worn off. The marketing blitz alone on MW3 completely dwarfs Battlefield. As will the number games sold and the number of players playing online. Just bookmark this post and come back a couple months after both games are released and see which is the greater success.

MW3 is the most anticipated game since MW2. Battlefield is not even close. I know a LOT of guys who bought Bad Company and ended up selling them or scrapping them while they just jumped right back onto MW2 with the 17+ million other users.

BTW, I have friends on Xbox live who are ranked like 17 million on MW2 while I am ranked 320,000 in kills.
I hope it stays that way in a since. Noobs and children would destroy BF3, because they don't want to think. In my opinion MW3 will be more of the same. I like the Battlefield community more, and for the record sales does not make a game better.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:53 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I hope it stays that way in a since. Noobs and children would destroy BF3, because they don't want to think. In my opinion MW3 will be more of the same. I like the Battlefield community more, and for the record sales does not make a game better.
Actually, in the industry, sales are the barometer to determine if a game is good or not. You will NOT have people camping out in from of Best Buy to buy BF3, but you WILL have that with MW3.

Sure, there are the cheaters who try to ruin the game with their cheating - tac insertions, boosting, modded controllers, quick-scoping, etc. But those guys are very easy to deal with.

Call Of Duty is the greatest online FPS shooter of all time. Even if you take into account the horribleness of Black Ops, it still is so much greater than BF that its futile to even compare the two. MW3 will be HUUUGEE!! BF3, eh, it may do okay in its first couple of weeks.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Actually, in the industry, sales are the barometer to determine if a game is good or not. You will NOT have people camping out in from of Best Buy to buy BF3, but you WILL have that with MW3.

Sure, there are the cheaters who try to ruin the game with their cheating - tac insertions, boosting, modded controllers, quick-scoping, etc. But those guys are very easy to deal with.

Call Of Duty is the greatest online FPS shooter of all time. Even if you take into account the horribleness of Black Ops, it still is so much greater than BF that its futile to even compare the two. MW3 will be HUUUGEE!! BF3, eh, it may do okay in its first couple of weeks.
COD the greatest FPS shooter of all time, what a joke. Just ask any PC user which game is better, and I promise 9/10 times they will reply Battlefield. To each his own.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
Not sure if its been confirmed, but is COD going to be pay to play? I will be getting BF3.......

Old 08-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
I'm sure both games will be great, in their own way. To me, the whole CoD vs BF war is just as silly as the rabid fanboys of both series Come on, can't you see this is the same mechanism used by politicians and mainstream media to generate hype ? Creating a narrative about a war between these two, getting millions of people excited = better sales. It's as simple as that.
As to the poll: before I answer I have to say that these games are really different, both can be extremely fun but each one in a different way.
Finally I have to disagree with sales being the ultimate barometer for game quality. It might be the best "product", but the best game ? It's like saying Transformers 3 is one of the best movies ever.... (no Transformers hate here, but it's clearly FAR away from being the best).
For me the clear winner is Battlefield. I just loved the squad based action of bad company2 (haven't played any of the previous battlefields unfortunately..), the destructible environment, all the vehicles... But at the same time I can see how someone might prefer the CoD series, with a faster pace of gameplay , smaller maps and more direct confrontations.
Yac.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,906 times
Quote:

That's pathetic I am ranked 50,000 though it went higher because I have not been on for awhile.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
COD the greatest FPS shooter of all time, what a joke. Just ask any PC user which game is better, and I promise 9/10 times they will reply Battlefield. To each his own.
I promise 9/10 wont reply Battlefield. Have a clan of about 70 people myself and there has been very little interest shown in BF3.

I have hated the BF series that I played, maps are too big and boring. Dont want to run around for 20 minutes to die, and spawn again to run around again. The whole no prone(sp) and leaning stuff killed off that title for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games