Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,180,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I will admit Ive played Midnight Club 3 and Midnight Club LA and I always find myself wanting to get out the car and walk around. Midnight Club is a fun racing game, but if they could add what Midnight Club is to the GTA series there is really no reason to keep it around. Kill 2 birds one stone.
LOL Yeah, basically. And yes, I definitely had that urge to get out of a car in MCLA. Go out and explore the rough version of Los Angeles!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Question. My GTA V Collector's Edition is $149.99 and I pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago for $25. I know the deposit will go to the final price of the game, making it $134 instead. However, I was looking up on trade-ins and GameStop's new 30% trade-in discount going on 'til Sept 26th and I was wondering if I trade in a game, will the 30% discount ($16.00) go towards my GTA V pre-order if I ask them?

Here's a link to their promotion: Get More Games You Want for Less | GameStop

This could make me reduce my game's final price tag to $109 plus tax. I mean don't get me wrong, I have more than enough money to buy a $134 game on the spot but it's always good to save some money

Thanks for responding.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,501,431 times

Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,892,434 times
I was just about to post that, although keep in mind that might not be the official map. Only one more week to go.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,928,647 times
those rurals areas are going to be amazing to explore

Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Los Santos International Airport=LAX

Chumash=Malibu

Vinewood Hills=Hollywood Hills

Vinewood=Hollywood

East Vinewood=East Hollywood

Richman=Bel-Air? Calabasas? Both???

Elysian Island=Terminal Island

Little Seoul=Koreatown

Downtown=DTLA

Del Perro=Santa Monica

Vespucci=Venice

Back Lot City=Century City

Morningwood=Westwood

South Los Santos=South Los Angeles

East Los Santos=East Los Angeles

La Puerta=Long Beach? Marina Del Ray? Hawthorne? Inglewood? El Segundo? Westchester? Expo Park?

Port of South Los Santos=Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach

Pacific Bluffs=Pacific Palisades

Great Ocean Highway=Pacific Coast Highway

Los Santos Freeway=Los Angeles Freeway

San Perro Freeway=Santa Monica Freeway

Sandy Shores=Palm Springs?

Alamo Sea=Salton Sea

Rockford Hills=Beverly Hills

Kurtz Center=Getty Center

Galileo Observatory=Griffith Observatory

Grand Senora Desert=Sonoran Desert?

Vinewood Bowl=Rose Bowl? L.A. Memorial Coliseum?

Mirror Park=Echo Park/Silver Lake

Maze Bank Arena=The Forum?

Whether or not the map is real, it looks like the public transportation in GTA V will not only consist of taxis, bus lines, and airplanes...But also LRT as well

Last edited by tcave360; 09-10-2013 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Question. My GTA V Collector's Edition is $149.99 and I pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago for $25. I know the deposit will go to the final price of the game, making it $134 instead. However, I was looking up on trade-ins and GameStop's new 30% trade-in discount going on 'til Sept 26th and I was wondering if I trade in a game, will the 30% discount ($16.00) go towards my GTA V pre-order if I ask them?

Here's a link to their promotion: Get More Games You Want for Less | GameStop

This could make me reduce my game's final price tag to $109 plus tax. I mean don't get me wrong, I have more than enough money to buy a $134 game on the spot but it's always good to save some money

Thanks for responding.
Any kind of help is much appreciated my fellow gamers

Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,892,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Los Santos International Airport=LAX

Chumash=Malibu

Vinewood Hills=Hollywood Hills

Vinewood=Hollywood

East Vinewood=East Hollywood

Richman=Bel-Air? Calabasas? Both???

Elysian Island=Terminal Island

Little Seoul=Koreatown

Downtown=DTLA

Del Perro=Santa Monica

Vespucci=Venice

Back Lot City=Century City

Morningwood=Westwood

South Los Santos=South Los Angeles

East Los Santos=East Los Angeles

La Puerta=Long Beach? Marina Del Ray? Hawthorne? Inglewood? El Segundo? Westchester? Expo Park?

Port of South Los Santos=Port of Los Angeles and the Port of Long Beach

Pacific Bluffs=Pacific Palisades

Great Ocean Highway=Pacific Coast Highway

Los Santos Freeway=Los Angeles Freeway

San Perro Freeway=Santa Monica Freeway

Sandy Shores=Palm Springs?

Alamo Sea=Salton Sea

Rockford Hills=Beverly Hills

Kurtz Center=Getty Center

Galileo Observatory=Griffith Observatory

Grand Senora Desert=Sonoran Desert?

Vinewood Bowl=Rose Bowl? L.A. Memorial Coliseum?

Mirror Park=Echo Park/Silver Lake

Maze Bank Arena=The Forum?
Good post. "Richmen" is called that because a lot of "Rich men" reside there btw.

I actually really like this map now, especially Los Santos itself. You can clearly tell what streets are going to be based off their real life LA counterparts. You can easily see Sunset Blvd, and where Santa Monica Blvd intersects with Wilshire Blvd. It looks slightly bigger then Midnight Clubs LA.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:20 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,501,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
those rurals areas are going to be amazing to explore
What is Blane County?? was that place in San Andreas? and is it based on a real area in the LA metro??

Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
What is Blane County?? was that place in San Andreas? and is it based on a real area in the LA metro??
Blaine County is new to the series in the same way the State of Alderney was new to the series when it debuted back in 2008 with Liberty City across the water. In my opinion, I think Blaine County might be loosely based on San Bernardino County and Riverside County aka The Inland Empire. But I could be wrong, again that's my interpretation of it. I'd be surprised if Blaine County wasn't based on anything in the real life version of the Los Angeles metro area, especially since Alderney represented most of Northeastern New Jersey within the NYC metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games