Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times

Advertisements

Looks pretty awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
RockStar has confirmed the open world will be 5 times larger than Red Dead Redemption. I can't wait!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Bah GTAV will be good on the PC since the mods make the game alot beter and PS# and XBOX 260 are old and canot have graphics like this but the PC is downlable to run them just have to have one heck of a PC.

GTA IV - HARD CHARGER: WIDE OPEN (1080p) - YouTube
plus it is like the Dukes of Hazard, vanishing point and buliet al in one in fact if GTAV had a trailer liker that then it would be even better since the 69 Charger R/T sounds awsome

Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I'm a sucker for the "real life open world" games, and GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption are some of my favorite games I've ever played. I was very excited when I first saw the news this game was in development.
I also like the types of games that just let you roam around and explore to your heart's content without any sort of nagging time constraints. Rockstar has some amazing graphics designers, and I thoroughly enjoy spending hours just having my character walk around the cities BEFORE even attempting the main storyline missions. I just loved walking down the sidewalk normally and hearing some of the wild things passing pedestrians would say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I liked San Andreas the best for the mix of the different cities and landscapes. It was cool that you could go from an LA-like environment to a San Francisco-like city with mountains in between and then could go across the desert to Las Vegas.
I, too, liked this geographical variety. I had such a great time just roaming the countryside on foot and admiring all of the different views. I still hold a special place in heart for "San Fierro".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I hope the whole map is unlocked which means that you don't have to do some of those annoying missions to unlock them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I'm sure they won't do it because RockStar never does for some reason, but I really really want the whole world to open from the very beginning of the game! I hate having to play through a bunch of missions to unlock another section and still have to play through a bunch more to unlock the remainder of the world. There's no point anymore. Just make the whole world open from the beginning. I think LA Noire is the only open world game RockStar has made that had the whole world open from the beginning.
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. Not ALL of us buy games in the GTA series exclusively to play through the main storyline missions. Some of us gain more enjoyment from just exploring, looking for hidden packages, doing side missions, beating up bystanders (yes, I'm crazy!), etc. It's annoying sometimes when I have to actually commit myself to doing the missions JUST so I can explore more of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
RockStar has confirmed the open world will be 5 times larger than Red Dead Redemption. I can't wait!
Sounds awesome!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:24 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
This is looking like a MUST BUY. If the trailers are any indication of how good the game is gonna look, it is nothing short of amazing that they are getting this kind of game on this gen's hardware!

Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
The entire map will be accessible from the get go. If you want to explore "from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean" after the intro mission, you are free to according to IGN.

Also there will be some fully fleshed out mini games including a complete 18 hole golf course.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:20 PM

306 posts, read 689,869 times
Will definitely get it! Probably once price drops also.

Debating whether to get on PS3 or PC for moddibility. I love the Police Pursuit mod.

What do you think? GTA IV was rated horrible for crashing on PC.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
Will definitely get it! Probably once price drops also.

Debating whether to get on PS3 or PC for moddibility. I love the Police Pursuit mod.

What do you think? GTA IV was rated horrible for crashing on PC.
Exactly. Skyrim runs fine on low graphics when played on my laptop without it crashing. When I play GTA IV on my pc, it lags heck of bad and crashes. Strange that a game that just came out last year can run like a beast but when a game that came out back in 2008, it's unplayable. Even The Sims 3 for pc runs great.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Definitely picking this one up, it's probably the only game that is coming out next year that I'm gonna get.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM

362 posts, read 665,658 times
I heard the graphics are supposed to look the same as in Max Payne 3 ( which had much less jagged edges, deeper colors, and a lot more detail surfaces when I played the game on xbox). If this is true, then gta 5 will make 4 look like crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games