Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 09:26 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times

Advertisements

I can see why he's the fan favorite, the guy's freaking nuts but awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 09:51 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
I finished the game 77% completion. I was a bit surprised that I got to the ending so soon. I took my time getting to missions and did the strangers and freaks missions. Other times, I was exploring. At times, I walk from point A to point B rather than steal a vehicle.

The game have multiple endings. Based on the posts here, I know how most people game will play out. I will leave it at that.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:36 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
I'm stuck and have no idea what I'm supposed to do. As Trevor, I drove around and bought 3 jumpsuits at an Ammu-Nation store, 3 masks near Muscle Beach, stole a tow truck, stole a trash truck, found an ideal getaway vehicle that can seat four people, parked it in a discrete location, called Michael to tell him where it is, and he said he'd call me back or something like that. Well, it's been almost one week of in-game time and nothing has happened. No matter how much I switch between the characters, nothing happens, and it's really pissing me the hell off.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I know I did this a few pages back, but I just want to go over the neighborhoods again.

Vinewood=Hollywood
Vinewood Hills=Hollywood Hills
East Vinewood=East Hollywood
West Vinewood=West Hollywood
Strawberry=Compton/Inglewood
Davis=Watts
Mission Row=Skid Row
Del Perro=Santa Monica
Vespucci=Venice
Chumash=Malibu
Downtown=DTLA
Little Seoul=Koreatown
Morningwood=Westwood
Backlot City=Culver City
Sandy Shores=Palm Springs?
Rockford Hills=Beverly Hills
Richman=Bel Air
Textile City=Fashion District
Legion Square=Pershing Square
Pillbox Hill=Bunker Hill
Atla=Chinatown (I was wondering what this nabe was )
Downtown Vinewood=Downtown Hollywood (I presume)
Burton=Beverly Grove
Hawick=Silver Lake? (The residents of the actual Scottish town of Hawick are up-in-arms about this)
Rancho=Florence
Chamberlain Hills=Baldwin Village
Los Santos International Airport=Los Angeles International Airport
South Los Santos=South Central/South L.A.
La Puerta=San Pedro
Elysian Island=Terminal Island
Mirror Park=Echo Park/Silver Lake? (I assume Hawick is SL because it's presumed to be a hipster nabe)
East Los Santos=East L.A.
Pacific Bluffs=Pacific Palisades/Malibu Bluffs Park
Port of Los Santos=Port of Los Angeles
Kurtz Center=Getty Center
Galileo Observatory=Griffith Observatory
Galileo Park=Griffith Park
Vinewood Bowl=Hollywood Bowl
I found Rodeo Dr though I can't for the life of me remember what the name of it is in the game now.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I found Rodeo Dr though I can't for the life of me remember what the name of it is in the game now.
It's Portola Drive. Thanks.

I'm wondering what street Hawick Ave is suppose to be based off since it replaces Del Perro Blvd.....maybe Melrose Avenue?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I'm stuck and have no idea what I'm supposed to do. As Trevor, I drove around and bought 3 jumpsuits at an Ammu-Nation store, 3 masks near Muscle Beach, stole a tow truck, stole a trash truck, found an ideal getaway vehicle that can seat four people, parked it in a discrete location, called Michael to tell him where it is, and he said he'd call me back or something like that. Well, it's been almost one week of in-game time and nothing has happened. No matter how much I switch between the characters, nothing happens, and it's really pissing me the hell off.
Bring Michael to flight school.
Bring Franklin to the shooting range.

And I think you may need to do some FIB missions with Michael before you do the Heist.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM

70 posts, read 97,722 times
finally i have GTA 5, it was pretty cool, the amazing details and the whole new world thing is so cool. soon i will upload game play videos on YouTube.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:59 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
One thing I haven't seen someone mention yet and a little detail I love is that your characters seem to continue to live their lives when you aren't playing. Whenever I load the game up to play again, the character I start with is not in the last place I left him (usually by his bed because I just saved it). It's kinda fun to load up the game and try to figure out what has happened because you left the character by their bad and now you're waking up in the middle of an alley somewhere. I knew it was going to be like that switching between characters but I didn't know it would be like that just started the game up again.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Bring Michael to flight school.
Bring Franklin to the shooting range.

And I think you may need to do some FIB missions with Michael before you do the Heist.
I figured it out. I had to do that Yoga crap that eventually led to an amazing vivid trip. Now I know why Trevor is sometimes found in his underwear.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Portola Drive Btw, I'm starting to think that Hawick might be LA's Westlake neighborhood or the neighborhood that Melrose Avenue goes through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games