Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,144,924 times

Advertisements

Why does GWII not have a subscription fee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,144,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post
If they ever release the Fallout MMO, I'll definitely get it.
They're making Elder Scrolls online MMO. THAT looks awesome so far.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 PM

475 posts, read 646,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
what server in World of Warcraft?
Bleeding hollow

Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,973,958 times
Played wow and SWTOR.

Then I realized what a waste of life they were. Too much grinding, not enough action for my tastes.

That and wow is old. TOR sucked from the start. Great for a single player game, but as an mmo wasn't working for me.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,691,429 times
World of Tanks.
It's an mmo but the mechanisms it uses are completely different from what is the mmo standard. Yest, there is some grind involved but luckily you don't really have to go all the way to the top to be competitive - the game's matchmaker , as flawed as it might be at times, usually makes sure there are no situations where there is nothing you can do to the other team.
The game requires a lot of skill, but this skill comes more from patience and planning, not fast clicking. Tanks are very detailed, and not just visually - each one can be damaged in multiple ways during battle which directly affects how it works. There's also a "realistic" (well, it's working) penetration model. Here you can see the armor on one particular tank - the values are the penetration value in mm needed to penetrate armor in this particular place.
Spoiler

I could talk for hours about this, but to be honest I'm not sure anyone is willing to listen So if anyone has any WoT questions, ask them and I'll try answering to the best of my ability
Yac.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,973,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
The game requires a lot of skill, but this skill comes more from patience and planning, not fast clicking. .

Wish there was more of this.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,716,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
They're making Elder Scrolls online MMO. THAT looks awesome so far.
I'll play The Elder Scrolls Online when it comes out. It would be awesome to explore areas from other games that I haven't seen yet.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM

546 posts, read 1,673,714 times
Currently playing Rift (great game). Over the years, I've played EQ, EQ2, WoW. Rift and EQ2 are easily my favorites =)

Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM

256 posts, read 539,218 times
Use to play Runescape until 2009.

They ruined the game and I did log in couple of days ago and I swear it is a joke!

When the Elder Scrolls MMO comes out I AM BUYING!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM

414 posts, read 1,088,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB93 View Post
What MMOs Do You Play
Currently:
Guild Wars 2, EVE Online

Past:
Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Trek Online, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Vanguard, EverQuest II, RIFT, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, Tera, Aion, Second Life...I might be forgetting a few. I left out ones I didn't play for more than a few months like World of Warcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Why does GWII not have a subscription fee?
Guild Wars & Guild Wars 2 are one-time purchases, and then supported through later expansion packs and the sale of extra in-game items (costume & vanity items, boosters, etc).

I'll pick up one of the old games from time to time if it's still running & has a free option, but mostly I stick to EVE. I do really enjoy GW2 though; it's a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games