Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

While I don't have a library full of Steam games; I have had many hours of game play with their games. I think I started off with Serious Sam. I loved the Orange Box and all the games that came with it. The newest game that I am addicted to is Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V. I think that I am up to 700 hours of game play and have only unlocked 77% of the achievements.

However; I am approaching that time where I want to move on to another great epic PC game like Skyrim. I don't care if it cost another $60 (I see that Skyrim is now on sale for $40) – you really get your money's worth of game play. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:28 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,221 times
In my opinion, there is no other game like The Elder Scrolls. Have you played Oblivion? (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition on Steam). Someone else might be able to suggest a game like Skyrim, but I really cannot think of any.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:32 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,447,487 times
I must be the only one who really never cared for STEAM then. Nothing more annoying then buying a game CD/DVD and then finding out it had STEAM then you have to sit through god knows what updates STEAM has to download for itself not to mention GBs of game content that you think would be on the damn DVD in the first place!!
Quite a few games done this where I couldn't play for hours due to GBs of content/update downloads. F that, I like to be able to install the game and start playing!

Price wise, never really seen a game I wanted to buy cheaper than what I could get it from Amazon or eBay. Again, it must be my luck?

Also, about the so-called Steam game backup, used it once, I think it was for FEAR3, then started the game and none of the previously backed up saves were there, neither were the player settings! WTF did it back up?
Who knows. I much rather prefer the games the old way. You can also easily sell them used if you got tired of them.

I disliked Steam the first time it came out and over the years, my feelings haven't really changed since it really never offered any added value for me.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:26 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
I hate Steam too TurcoLoco. I cant play a game now because Steam cloud issues. Remember the good ol days when you just had a CD and the game worked ? Now you can get a CD, to install in steam so you can launch the game to launch steam to connect to the cloud and then it wont work :|

I bought a game two years ago with steam and they banned me because it never loaded, ever. Lost the ability to play all my games that were Steam based because I asked for a refund on a game that never would launch despite being in contact with their support for days. Took two weeks for them to give me access again, on day 3 I told them forget the refund I just want my games back. I havent spent more than $15 total on games since then, theyre throwaway games that I dont mind losing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games