Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times

Advertisements

By year...
2000 - Diablo II
2001 - Halo
2002 - Splinter Cell
2003 - Prince of Persia Sands of Time
2004 - Ninja Gaiden
2005 - Resident Evil 4
2006 - Gears of War
2007 - Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
2008 - Fallout 3
2009 - Uncharted 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
GTA San Andreas was just insanely good.

Also:
Metal Gear Solid IV
M.A.G.
Need for Speeds

One of things I have noticed is that too many games are designed for online play. Metal Gear Solid IV took some ungoldy number of hours to finish. Now you get a 10hr campaign and the rest is designed to play online.
If you don't have online play, how else are you going to get racial slurs thrown at you by 10 year olds?

Here's my list of my favorite games I have played in the 2000s. Supposedly, there are better ones out there but these are my favorites.

GTA: Vice City - I think this was the best one in large part because of the sense of humor. SA and IV were definitely "bigger" but honestly are filled with a lot of nonsense like having girfriends, going bowling, Internect cafes, etc.

Burnout Paradise - I spent a buttload of time on this game. It is interesting that EA calls NFS: Most Wanted "the most socially connected game ever" (MW is a baby born of Burnout Paradise and NFS: Hot Pursuit). You had to be way more social in BP. If you had any hope of getting the 500 online challenges completed, you had to get a core group of online friends with whom to finish them. I'd be very surprised if anyone completed all of them randomly.

NFS Hot Pursuit & NFS Most Wanted - Two Criterion games that were awesome! The NFS series has some clunkers but these two stand out!

Fallout 3 & Skyrim - I put these together since they are both Bethesda games. Loved them both. Oblivion was just OK but that might be because I started playing it after Skryim.

Here's a couple from PS2 that maybe aren't from the 2000s, but sue me.

Dark Cloud 2 - What a blast this game was. I actually liked the photo mechanic in this game when compared to the one in San Andreas.

Okami - This game was before its time and would do great with the Move controller.

Final Fantasy something or other - Not sure which one I played that I liked so much but it was the one with the giant flying airships.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Two pages of posts and not a single person mentioned World of Warcraft and only one person mentioned Counter-Strike and Diablo 2?

Not many PC gamers on this forum I am guessing.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Two pages of posts and not a single person mentioned World of Warcraft and only one person mentioned Counter-Strike?

Not many gamers on this forum I am guessing.
I don't qualify as a gamer just because I don't play PC games? I would have thought my 100 + hours on Skyrim would qualify me as a gamer. Sorry that I am not part of the elite, I am just a lowly consoler. All praise to the mighty PC.

Now that you mention the PC, though, Peggle was pretty kick a**.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,195 times
Quote:

Not many PC gamers on this forum I am guessing.
Yeah, Im pretty much a console only gamer except for the few games I have on my iPhone.

Back when I had, and would build my own PCs I was into gaming more, but since I've discovered the wondes of Mac, I havent had a pc in YEARS. Thats why I only play on xbox.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
I saw what happened there. "PC" got added after the quote.

PC Gamers are the master race of gamers.

By the way, Dark Cloud II was an excellent game. Wish there was a chance of a third chapter...

Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I don't qualify as a gamer just because I don't play PC games? I would have thought my 100 + hours on Skyrim would qualify me as a gamer. Sorry that I am not part of the elite, I am just a lowly consoler. All praise to the mighty PC.

Now that you mention the PC, though, Peggle was pretty kick a**.
I was talking about competitive/serious/hardcore multiplayer gaming. Sorry I didn't clarify. I am sure my mom would vote for Bejeweled on Iphone though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
Yeah, Im pretty much a console only gamer except for the few games I have on my iPhone.

Back when I had, and would build my own PCs I was into gaming more, but since I've discovered the wondes of Mac, I havent had a pc in YEARS. Thats why I only play on xbox.
You are not missing out honestly. The only PC games worth playing right now are League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Starcraft 2.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I was talking about competitive/serious/hardcore multiplayer gaming. Sorry I didn't clarify. I am sure my mom would vote for Bejeweled on Iphone though.

You are not missing out honestly. The only PC games worth playing right now are League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Starcraft 2.
Multiplayer gaming is great. How else would I know how gay or black I am if I didn't have ten year olds on COD: BO to tell me?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Multiplayer gaming is great. How else would I know how gay or black I am if I didn't have ten year olds on COD: BO to tell me?
LOL. So true. Some things you'll normally hear while playing Call Of Duty:

"Message to all recent players.........."
"Dude, why are you noob tubing? Thats gay."
"Why dont you quick scope? It takes skill to quick scope. You dont do it cause you'e gay"
"One v one me. One v one me. You're gay"
"OMG, you are a try hard. OMG youre gay"

Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,271,992 times
Halo: Combat Evolved and GTA: Vice City. I still play these games every couple of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games