Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,205 times

Advertisements

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
Hawx- Expected more from Clancy but this game fell flat.

Binary Domain- Story was just boring IMO, a lot of the same.

Dark Void- Wow what a pos

Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
I have to mention Dark Souls for the PC. I was looking for a challenging, skill based game that would take me a while to finish, one I could come back to. I even bought an xbox360 controller as I heard the port had terrible controls and that playing this game without a game pad would be torture.
What I got was ... sad. Every single thing I saw on the screen made me sad. Even the creator, mr Taniumura, admitted that : "A lot of it was not very well done, sort of half-assed," in an interview with Gamespot, which I think sums up the result pretty nicely.
Yac.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM

462 posts, read 719,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Bully - thought Rockstar had decent cred. It was stupid. Same with the last GTA. Nowhere as good as San Andreas.

Little Big World - borrrrrrrrrrrrring.
Bully is like one of my favorite games of all time. I wish they would make a sequel already.

I regret buying Dark Souls. I know most people think it's all great. Maybe it is. I just didn't like the idea of getting killed while I take a pee break, or stressing over every minor subboss in the game. I know there is an audience for this type of game, but I'm not part of it. I know I suck when it comes to really challenging games. I just thought it would be another medieval fantasy RPG.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I have to mention Dark Souls for the PC. I was looking for a challenging, skill based game that would take me a while to finish, one I could come back to. I even bought an xbox360 controller as I heard the port had terrible controls and that playing this game without a game pad would be torture.
What I got was ... sad. Every single thing I saw on the screen made me sad. Even the creator, mr Taniumura, admitted that : "A lot of it was not very well done, sort of half-assed," in an interview with Gamespot, which I think sums up the result pretty nicely.
Yac.
Hmmm. Dark Souls for Xbox360 is pretty much universally viewed as a masterpiece and one of the best games created for the system. Don't know how they messed it up on the PC. The atmosphere of the game definitely is not happy, but the game is incredible. Finally, a game that takes skill to complete. The games for these new systems are too damn easy. But it's not just the challenging combat that makes Dark Souls great - it's everything!

I agree that GTA IV wasn't as good as San Andreas, but Red, Dead, Redemption made up for the disappointment. That and Dark Souls are my two fave games for the system. Seems like the first Xbox had many more great games than 360.

Last edited by TOkidd; 05-05-2013 at 08:17 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Hmmm. Dark Souls for Xbox360 is pretty much universally viewed as a masterpiece and one of the best games created for the system. Don't know how they messed it up on the PC. The atmosphere of the game definitely is not happy, but the game is incredible. Finally, a game that takes skill to complete. The games for these new systems are too damn easy. But it's not just the challenging combat that makes Dark Souls great - it's everything!

I agree that GTA IV wasn't as good as San Andreas, but Red, Dead, Redemption made up for the disappointment. That and Dark Souls are my two fave games for the system. Seems like the first Xbox had many more great games than 360.

A game that requires skill was what I was looking for, I consider myself pretty skilled in virtual combat of all kinds What I got was a game that looked like it was an early alpha build, with almost unreadable graphics, completely messed up controls, camera working like it was trying to make me angry on purpose etc, I could go on.
Even the producers admitted it was a "half-assed" (their words) effort and a terrible port to pc.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
A game that requires skill was what I was looking for, I consider myself pretty skilled in virtual combat of all kinds What I got was a game that looked like it was an early alpha build, with almost unreadable graphics, completely messed up controls, camera working like it was trying to make me angry on purpose etc, I could go on.
Even the producers admitted it was a "half-assed" (their words) effort and a terrible port to pc.
The producers of the game never intended for it to be developed for PC. They were pressured into it by all the game's fans who were literally petitioning them by the tens of thousands to make a PC version. Maybe their heart wasn't really in it, which Is why it came out half-assed. But that's too bad because the Xbox version is a masterpiece. You should try it sometime. Perhaps it will change your mind about the game.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:31 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What are the games that have been a disappointment to you?

Rambo - the first NES game I went to take back, in like hours, and Wal-Mart said no. Pissed me off, and switched me to our friends at Babbages for a long time.

Since then. . .recently

I was pretty dissapointed in Gears of War 3. I liked the hosted servers, then they pulled the rug under me by requiring me to buy their maps in order to keep playing multiplayer.

In general - i'm not surprised as much as I was back in "the day" thanks to Metacritic, demos, etc. Its harder for me to pay a decent amount and get dinged. Since really - I usually wait until its on sale on steam.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:29 PM

124 posts, read 145,079 times
I remember continuously buying 007 games thinking that they were going to be as good as Goldeneye for the 64. So I would have to say that the decision to let EA make 007 games instead of Rareware would be the most disappointing, feeling that sticking with the better company would have led them to evolve the game franchise to be a suitable competitor with Halo, Unreal, etc...... Runner up would be the NFL only letting EA Sports do football, when 2kSports and Visual Concepts do a way better job.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM

398 posts, read 698,168 times
Oblivion. What a huge disappointment for me, I just kept playing and playing hoping for the best, maybe I was just being impatient. No more. I hope all x-box games are not this bad, with complete lack of control in combat, useless quests, boring "conversations," endless menu items, constant constant loading. I miss my old SN Zelda!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games