Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 AM

634 posts, read 897,310 times

Advertisements

Does anybody else think that 5.4 has been a lot of fun? I can't comment on SoS because I don't raid, but Timeless Isle is not only less "daily" focused, but you get an entire epic set (ilvl 496) after just a couple of days from random drops and rewards. And what some refer to as welfare epics drop quite frequently.

The horde/alliance are "together" again and not in separate quest zones on the isle making it interesting especially if you're doing pvp quests (that is there too).

And there is a combination of easier mobs to take down and harder requiring top gear or a group, not an all or none thing like past releases.

I just think there is something for everyone. And like the direction they took, I hope it continues into the next expac, soon to be announced at upcoming Blizzcon 2013.

Then again, I'm probably the only pc gamer in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 09:17 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
I'm a former PC gamer... WoW was my game of choice. I played on and off since launch in Nov 2004 till last year... I sold my account in November.

I got tired of the daily grind and the the fact that the game is 100% EZ mode now. It requires no effort... you can faceroll to epic gear and PvP is rock/paper/scissors.

The best time I ever had playing WoW was classic... I still remember the world PVP outside Southshore and in Blackrock Mountain.

Those were the good ole days...

Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 AM

634 posts, read 897,310 times
Good times! PVP is about all I do because it's so unscripted and you have to put in somewhat of an effort for the gear, however as you alluded to, the class homogenization has pretty much ruined it. The fact that they tried to make pvp/pve pretty much interchangeable ruined it. It just can't be done and I wish they'd abandon the approach and make one spec of each class pvp and the other two pve.

But you're right, each patch and expac is just another grind making all previous ones obsolete and most people I know are long gone because of it. I probably would have followed if not for the RP/exploration aspect to it. And maybe achievements/professions too. There is always something to do other than raid/quest. I think whatever the next expac is will seal it's fate, if it's more of the same then it's probably over, it's gotta be something entirely revolutionary to get people back at this point in time.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:35 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
I used to play it but stopped because of time constraints. I may get back into it now that there have been soo many changes.

I dont get all the complaints though. They have to make the game accesible to a wide variety of players - not just the independantly wealthy or hospital bed ridden or unemployed live at home 25 year olds who can devote 70+ hours a week to the game. Those people will still have the best gear and best game experience. It is the next level of gamers who seem to complain the most about not being able to steam roll over gangs of casuals in groups of 20 or 30 at a time.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:50 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The best time I ever had playing WoW was classic... I still remember the world PVP outside Southshore and in Blackrock Mountain..
Yes, they were! Archimonde was my former stomping ground. The vanilla days were those when you could do some pk'ing without being suspended for a short period of time for "griefing" other players. Hey, if they can't handle the heat on a PvP server, perhaps they should have rolled a toon on a PvE server.

I stopped playing WoW during WotLK, just before they released the patch to the dungeon where Prince Arthas was sitting on this icy throne.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:42 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I'm a former PC gamer... WoW was my game of choice. I played on and off since launch in Nov 2004 till last year... I sold my account in November.

I got tired of the daily grind and the the fact that the game is 100% EZ mode now. It requires no effort... you can faceroll to epic gear and PvP is rock/paper/scissors.

The best time I ever had playing WoW was classic... I still remember the world PVP outside Southshore and in Blackrock Mountain.

Those were the good ole days...

Hell Yeah! . I've played WOW from the day they went live and left before Cataclysm. I remember an AV BG that I was in the early morning. Left for work and came back 12 hours later and log on and I was chatting that a lot of the players in this AV look familiar...Many of them responded that it's the same AV. LMFAO.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
Good times! PVP is about all I do because it's so unscripted and you have to put in somewhat of an effort for the gear, however as you alluded to, the class homogenization has pretty much ruined it. The fact that they tried to make pvp/pve pretty much interchangeable ruined it. It just can't be done and I wish they'd abandon the approach and make one spec of each class pvp and the other two pve.

But you're right, each patch and expac is just another grind making all previous ones obsolete and most people I know are long gone because of it. I probably would have followed if not for the RP/exploration aspect to it. And maybe achievements/professions too. There is always something to do other than raid/quest. I think whatever the next expac is will seal it's fate, if it's more of the same then it's probably over, it's gotta be something entirely revolutionary to get people back at this point in time.
After awhile, I could not catch up gearing all the time. My guild was pretty small, I think 10-12 people but damn, we sure hell terrorized everyone when we all get together for world pvp. And sometimes, we get beat down so bad it's embarrassing but no matter whether we won or lost....it was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games