Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,304,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Since we are hung up on sales numbers I'll go ahead and give the PS4 props for being the best selling console outside of the USA.

Xbox One top selling US console last month, Sony says PS4 No. 1 overall | News | TechRadar
Like other countries even count...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,545,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Like other countries even count...
LOL, usually you could say that is a dim world view but is totally applicable in this case. Xbox won't sell well in Japan.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:27 PM

3,938 posts, read 5,073,489 times
IGN pitted the Xbox One against the PS4 in a reader's choice poll and the PS4 won by a landslide.

Xbox One vs. PS4 - You Decide! - IGN Versus - IGN

Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
IGN pitted the Xbox One against the PS4 in a reader's choice poll and the PS4 won by a landslide.

Xbox One vs. PS4 - You Decide! - IGN Versus - IGN
You seem to think that Americans will choose a system based on performance rather than how much credit card debt it will give them.

Odd statistic: Xbox One games are outselling PS4 games by a landslide, especially when you look at exclusives.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:06 AM

3,938 posts, read 5,073,489 times
Quote:
You seem to think that Americans will choose a system based on performance rather than how much credit card debt it will give them.
Huh? I think gamers will always seek out the most comprehensive console selling at the best price. Given the results of the IGN poll it appears that the PS4 is that system.

I've already mentioned that this generation I'm going with the PS4/Wii U combo which will give me access to every game I want to play.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Huh? I think gamers will always seek out the most comprehensive console selling at the best price. Given the results of the IGN poll it appears that the PS4 is that system.
That's nice. And if I think the PS4 was $500 and Xbox One was $400, you'd be seeing XB1 numbers ahead.

Sony has a problem. Sales is not what they need. They need profit.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,594,119 times
Quote:
Odd statistic: Xbox One games are outselling PS4 games by a landslide, especially when you look at exclusives.
Yeah I figured as much. I can tell you from experience that the exclusives Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 are pretty wicked cool... as well as Killer Instinct.

There is not a single game on the PS4 list of titles that has me saying "OMG I HAVE TO GO BUY A PS4 RIGHT NOW!" because if there was, I would. Heck I've seen comments from PS4 owners that have said "I wish the PS4 had a game like DR3 at launch." LOL...

I will be getting my PS4... in April when the Sony exclusive MLB 14: The Show launches... that's the ONLY reason I would buy one... I want that game. I could give a flip about sales numbers... the XB1 has better games NOW and IMHO better long term potential.

I had a PS3 for the MLB games and did the rest of my gaming on my 360. It probably won't be any different with these next gen consoles... I'll have a PS4 for MLB and will do everything else on the XB1.

Quote:
That's nice. And if I think the PS4 was $500 and Xbox One was $400, you'd be seeing XB1 numbers ahead.

Sony has a problem. Sales is not what they need. They need profit.
Yes they do and yes, you most definitely would see the XB1 ahead if the prices were reversed. What's the profit margin right now? Super slim?

Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 PM

4,000 posts, read 10,822,174 times
It is a marathon, not a sprint. PS3 closed the gap considerably towards the end of the last gen run. I expect the PS4 will be in full stride by summer.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Yeah I figured as much. I can tell you from experience that the exclusives Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 are pretty wicked cool... as well as Killer Instinct.

There is not a single game on the PS4 list of titles that has me saying "OMG I HAVE TO GO BUY A PS4 RIGHT NOW!" because if there was, I would. Heck I've seen comments from PS4 owners that have said "I wish the PS4 had a game like DR3 at launch." LOL...

I will be getting my PS4... in April when the Sony exclusive MLB 14: The Show launches... that's the ONLY reason I would buy one... I want that game. I could give a flip about sales numbers... the XB1 has better games NOW and IMHO better long term potential.

I had a PS3 for the MLB games and did the rest of my gaming on my 360. It probably won't be any different with these next gen consoles... I'll have a PS4 for MLB and will do everything else on the XB1.

Yes they do and yes, you most definitely would see the XB1 ahead if the prices were reversed. What's the profit margin right now? Super slim?
Slim to negative for PS4. MS is positive slim to moderate.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:53 PM

143 posts, read 331,657 times
Quote:
I agree, if you want the media and multitasking capabilities, you're obviously over the age of 16. Get an Xbox One, at least first. It's for the more mature consumer.
Thanks for the laugh! Do you happen to be one of those poser "journalists" who work for iBGR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games