Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 02:58 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,600 times

Advertisements

In your non biased opinion, what are the easiest and hardest sports games to simulated both including EA Sports and 2K?

I found myself quickly getting into football games such as Madden and NCAA. It feels right, like if you are really playing as a quaterback and you have to make quick choices. The total opposite can be said about the MLB games, i tried to get into it but it just did not feel right, i could not imaging myself as if i was swinging a bat. I think generally football is more realistic and easier to simulated than baseball. Boxing(fight night) is easier to simulated and feels more realistic than MMA(Ea mma, UFC undisputed). Basketball is so and so.

Also since Fifa is the most popular game of all sports games, and probably gets more attention from developers. Would you say FIFA is one of the easiest games to simulated?

If i had to rank them from easiest to hardest sports games to simulated it would be

Boxing
Football

Soccer
Basketball
MMA
MLB

I have not played NHL, Tennis, or Gold games..

How would you rank them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 03:14 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
In your non biased opinion, what are the easiest and hardest sports games to simulated both including EA Sports and 2K?

I found myself quickly getting into football games such as Madden and NCAA. It feels right, like if you are really playing as a quaterback and you have to make quick choices. The total opposite can be said about the MLB games, i tried to get into it but it just did not feel right, i could not imaging myself as if i was swinging a bat.
I could never get into the EA football games... just too unrealistic.

Sony's MLB the Show series has always been sweet... I'm looking forward to this year's release. (It's the reason I'll buy a PS4) I don't care much for batting either... and for good reason. I was a pitcher in high school and sucked as a hitter. Good thing the game has RTTS (Road To The Show) mode which has you starting in the minors working your way up to the big leagues... I played as a pitcher and had a blast... never had to bat either.

I just got NBA 2k14 for XB1, my first non-MLB game in many years. It's pretty nice... an excellent basketball simulation with TV quality visuals.

I'll rank them once MLB is released in late March.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM

3 posts, read 5,348 times
I think the hardest sport to simulate would be Calvinball.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshakhad View Post
I think the hardest sport to simulate would be Calvinball.
Someone has stumbled into the perimeter of wisdom! Run!!!!

My list of easiest to hardest:

Wrestling/kickboxing/boxing - Basically anything where it is one on one, fighting or martial arts type
Golf - A computer can simulate real life physics pretty handily
Baseball - The amount of things going on at any one time are much less than most other team sports
Hockey/Football/Soccer/Basketball - I put these all in the same category since the basic goal is the same. You have to get an object into the goal by passing it to other players and you can intercept the opposing teams pass or attempt at a goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games