Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times

Advertisements

Getting more people to play video games is the last thing our society needs to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,121,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Getting more people to play video games is the last thing our society needs to do.

I completely disagree. If more people played video games there would be less violence in the world.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:49 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,310 times
I've met quite a few fellow ladies during my MMO times. The best gaming experience is when we find guilds with other gaming couples. My hubby and I both play. Most of the guilds I've belonged to have female players and quite a few of them.

I do question the 50% number though. Seems a bit high.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:28 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,611,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
COD Ghosts has female soldiers now too.
How the world has changed. I remember my dad always making the joke "what are female soldiers going to do, nag the enemy to death?".

The number of female video gamers will only get higher as the years go by. We still live in a society where the norm is for boys to play war/shoot em up/etc. and the girls play dress up/kitchen/etc. Maybe not as much as when I was a kid, since we didn't even know what the hell gender identity was.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:55 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I don't know what kind of sense of humor you have, but there is a good bit on College Humor about girls playing video games and acting like guys. Can't post it here, it is too NSFW but it is on their YouTube channel as well.
Ive seen em and they crack me up =)

I rage uninstalled MOH 2010 while on TS for many to hear one time lol. Good times ...

Old 02-18-2014, 04:47 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,074,313 times
Yeah i don't think the 50 percent of all gamers are females. I would say 30 percent but that is a very high estimate. I do notice that there are some games were the percentage is really high, and you encounter them frequently. But i won't say those games because all the hungry nerds will swarm those games and annoy the girls.

I also noticed there are alot of couples in popular games like GTA V.

My user name is in Spanish. I get alot of racial slurs thrown at me by other Americans for now reasons, and also alot of them think it is a girls name or something, alot of creeps message me really weird stuff.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:55 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Total BS half of game players are female. I'd say 25% and that's pushing it. Just go to a video game store like Gameshop and tell me if half the people there are female. Go there 100 times and you'll see how wrong the survey is.
Yea you are right. I think most girl gamer order their stuff used on Amazon. Ive watch my girlfriend use Playstation Home a few times and many guy gamers dont know how to behave.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:53 PM

570 posts, read 721,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Yea you are right. I think most girl gamer order their stuff used on Amazon. Ive watch my girlfriend use Playstation Home a few times and many guy gamers dont know how to behave.
Lol true that. If you want all the retards on the server to come out, just have a woman speak into her mic.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:35 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,271 times
Does that estimate include gamers that play games like Angry Birds and FarmVille? If so then that might be about right.

I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who plays video games and her best friend does too. I've heard some of the things that guys say once one of them speaks into the mic. It can range from kind of funny to incredibly rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games