Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,060 times

Advertisements

Last night I received an email from blizzard stating my account was up and running and I had purchased warlords of draenor. Thing is, I have not had an active subscription since November, and the card that was listed was not mine. Partially this is my fault because though I do have an authenticator I had taken it off for some reason, however, as soon as I got the email I immediately logged in (the hacker didn't have enough time to change my email/pass fortunately) and added it, and all my characters are still there.

However, it still shows my account as having warlords of draenor despite me having never bought it. Maybe I just got lucky and was able to add my authenticator in time? I have submitted a support ticket to hopefully get this straightened out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 04:48 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,189 times
Might be a phishing scam. I get e-mails from Blizzard often and I never created a account with them. I just label it as a scam and go on about my day. I suggest you change your password immediately.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,578,060 times
Okay, I received a response and they took away my WoD upgrade, I also deleted the CC that the hacker used from my account. Everything looks back to normal. Though I do now have a level 90 druid on a realm I never had any characters on. However since blizzard corrected it I can't play with the character. When I try to it says the character is locked due to billing issues; makes sense.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:42 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Might be a phishing scam. I get e-mails from Blizzard often and I never created a account with them. I just label it as a scam and go on about my day. I suggest you change your password immediately.
Phishers generally don't purchase games for you using their own money

Old 04-08-2014, 11:17 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,254 times
My 90 Mage and 90 Priest are parked till the WoD expansion launches... I cancelled my account last month.

Still have my authenticator on though... just in case.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:05 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,273,129 times
I was hacked quite a few years ago on my WoW account. My stupidity using the same password for everything....games, websites, etc. I probably was an idiot and fell for a phishing site along the way. It took me a few days to get it back. I immediately ordered an authenticator too.

These days I'm much more savvy about security. I'm always amazed at all the phishing emails I get. The sites look quite authentic however I always see some grammatical error that sets it apart from the real thing.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Phishers generally don't purchase games for you using their own money
Right and they don't trick people by any means necessary to take information from them.

You want to tell me why I'm invited to a beta test? The links provided in the e-mail are often redirected to fake sites that is a replica of Blizzard.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,988,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
You want to tell me why I'm invited to a beta test? The links provided in the e-mail are often redirected to fake sites that is a replica of Blizzard.
I don't know and I don't care, has nothing to do with my post.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I don't know and I don't care, has nothing to do with my post.
Then you should have never reply to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games