Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,167 times

Advertisements

I used to play wow pretty consistently up through BC, but I started disliking how easy they made everything relative to Vanilla wow. After Cata when they gutted and re did 1-60 it just lost what little appeal it had it had left. I have checked out each new expansion, but generally quit soon afterwords, because I just feel you are rushing through everything for a constantly decreasing challenge. I mean the majority of 5 man dungeons are barely worth it anymore if that and questing is just a boring grind devoid of any challenge that used to exist even for me as a fairly casual player. In short everything but the very end seems just too easy and just seems like filler.

I mean I might be the only person who things this, but wow was much more challenging during vanilla which made it fun now its just meh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,795,314 times
I'm looking forward to Pantheon it won't be out until like 2016 probably but it's the next MMO designed by the guy that did the original Everquest. I don't really care about graphics as long as the core gameplay is there, the social experience is there, and the game has good group mechanics. That's what matters.

The people making MMO's now need to go back to the basics. MMO's these days just don't feel like MMO's and they don't make you feel immersed in the world. All you see is a bunch of NPC's with question marks over their head and a map with a bunch of waypoints on it holding your hand. People just solo half the time and it seems like grouping in all of these MMO's now isn't encouraged.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 PM

35,045 posts, read 31,233,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm looking forward to Pantheon it won't be out until like 2016 probably but it's the next MMO designed by the guy that did the original Everquest. I don't really care about graphics as long as the core gameplay is there, the social experience is there, and the game has good group mechanics. That's what matters.

The people making MMO's now need to go back to the basics. MMO's these days just don't feel like MMO's and they don't make you feel immersed in the world. All you see is a bunch of NPC's with question marks over their head and a map with a bunch of waypoints on it holding your hand. People just solo half the time and it seems like grouping in all of these MMO's now isn't encouraged.
With the way professions operate now, it feels little more interactive than going shopping on Amazon and having everything delivered right to your door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games