Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,621 times

Advertisements

I hate to be a contrarian but I don't see a very bright future for the Xbox One. The PS4 is a much better high-end console and the Wii U has exclusives with greater universal appeal.

The Xbox One is really competing with gaming PC's which everybody who's intellectually honest admits is the platform of choice for the enthusiast who wants the ultimate video gaming experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 12:58 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,581 times
I sold my XB1 like 4 months ago... Am quite happy with the PS4 and Wii U.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,316,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I sold my XB1 like 4 months ago... Am quite happy with the PS4 and Wii U.
You picking one back up when everyone else does this winter?

Old 08-26-2014, 02:36 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,602,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
You picking one back up when everyone else does this winter?
Not sure.... If I do it will be the $399 version.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM

Tsk Tsk...you'll need that Kinect at $150 when the killer features arrive for it!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I hate to be a contrarian but I don't see a very bright future for the Xbox One. The PS4 is a much better high-end console and the Wii U has exclusives with greater universal appeal.

The Xbox One is really competing with gaming PC's which everybody who's intellectually honest admits is the platform of choice for the enthusiast who wants the ultimate video gaming experience.
XBOX ONE has a very bright future and the Madden Bundle is selling very well. It will eventually overtake the WII U for that second spot. I dont really want to derail the thread talking about the WII U but it is nothing more than a secondary console. It doesn't have enough third pary support (no Madden, Watch Dogs, Destiny, NBA 2K15, and so on.) I will agree that the PS4 is at the top of the mountain but atleast the XBOX ONE can compete. This holiday season is going to be huge for both XBOX ONE and PS4.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:15 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
XBOX ONE has a very bright future and the Madden Bundle is selling very well. It will eventually overtake the WII U for that second spot. I dont really want to derail the thread talking about the WII U but it is nothing more than a secondary console. It doesn't have enough third pary support (no Madden, Watch Dogs, Destiny, NBA 2K15, and so on.) I will agree that the PS4 is at the top of the mountain but atleast the XBOX ONE can compete. This holiday season is going to be huge for both XBOX ONE and PS4.
You make a reasoned point. Let's wait until January of 2015 and judge the Xbox One's fortunes at that time. It's possible that it'll eventually outsell the Wii U but I sincerely doubt that the XB1 can ever catch the PS4.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:52 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
You make a reasoned point. Let's wait until January of 2015 and judge the Xbox One's fortunes at that time. It's possible that it'll eventually outsell the Wii U but I sincerely doubt that the XB1 can ever catch the PS4.
I agree with this 100% but don't see XBOX ONE becoming the next Dream Cast.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 AM

Xbox isn't going anywhere. Microsoft throws money at things until it works. They've been doing that strategy for 25+ years. Xbox One will be around. And the next generation will come. And the generation after that, etc. etc.. I'm not sure what people are wondering when it comes to Xbox One. It's selling better than the 360 did at this time in the release cycle. Comparing it to another system is kind of pointless when your goal is users.

The other thing to remember is that Microsoft always has mind-blowing tricks up their sleeve. Can't wait for their big surprise.

Definitely a good time to pick one up is this fall/winter. I just cannot wait for Halo. So excited.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,265,715 times
Quote:

Thats my luck, I bought a PS3 over an Xbox 360 and figured I would switch it around this time and buy the new Xbox one instead of the PS4. Oh well, I'm sure good things is around the corner for Xbone. As for PC, yes, PC is much better in my opinion than consoles, I used to be a diehard gamer and played exclusively PC. I just don't play games as much anymore and use my computers for work. So I went with consoles instead, bought a Wii U as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games