Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:33 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times

Advertisements

I will be installing Half Life 2 today. Well, as soon as my replacement PSU arrives becase the old one died - twice.

Thought about BF4 but I dont really like playing on a team with a bunch of people I dont know. Too many dudes probably wanting to just sit back a snipe instead of play the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 10:38 AM

484 posts, read 760,831 times
I'm finally playing ArcheAge with friends who have been playing for months. Enjoying myself and not doing too terribly for my first mmo experience :P

Old 09-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I will be installing Half Life 2 today. Well, as soon as my replacement PSU arrives becase the old one died - twice.

Thought about BF4 but I dont really like playing on a team with a bunch of people I dont know. Too many dudes probably wanting to just sit back a snipe instead of play the game.

It's not that bad. Camp fests are relatively rare, depends on the map really. And I've been playing bf4 (and bf3) "solo" most of the time, and it still was super fun
Plus lately bf4 is constantly on sale and you can get it for what, 10 bucks ? 15 ?

Old 09-19-2014, 05:54 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I just reinstalled Half-Life 2 and have been playing it all this week! Forgot how amazing this game is, so many great moments. It's like being thrown into a really good action movie with some shocking twists.

Dragon Age:Orgins is also one of my favorites. Great story line and some of the dialogue will have you in stitches. Great story writing there.
I adore Half-Life 2, such an amazing game. Episode 2 had a really unexpected ending to it which left a lot to be desired for the next version.

Dragon Age: Origins. I racked up 50 hours in it and still sucked. I might go back to it someday, I need to figure out how exactly to group attack and make enemies die quick. It was a really fun game I must say, but combat was hard.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:38 PM

Downloaded BF4 today and so far, its pretty dang fun.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Far Cry 3 is pretty amazing. I just love blowing up things and setting fires to the jungle, watching explosions while hang gliding.

Games I am eagerly waiting for: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, and Far Cry 4.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 PM

League Of Legends!! This game is ridiculously addictive. Have friends who work for the company that makes the game who talked about it constantly and saw the entire Galen Center at USC a while back completely sold out for a championship for this game. Downloaded it and played it today and after the learning curve of figuring out what I was doing it is insanely fun.

I know it hardly makes use of the capabilities of the pc, but dang its fun.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:00 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
It's not that bad. Camp fests are relatively rare, depends on the map really. And I've been playing bf4 (and bf3) "solo" most of the time, and it still was super fun
Plus lately bf4 is constantly on sale and you can get it for what, 10 bucks ? 15 ?
Yeah it and Premium have been on sale quite a bit lately because of the release of the next DLC (Hardline) early 2015. BF4 was always an enjoyable game for me, its just when the dlc fragmentation started I got bored as a majority of the community quit playing. If I picked up the game today and didnt know any better in that respect I would be happy playin it.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I just finished putting together my first gaming rig since 2002 and Im ready to load up on some cool games.

Right now, I just have Skyrim Legendary edition installed (and many mods already) and COD Ghosts Multiplayer. Will install and play Elder Scrolls Online as well since I was a beta player (MAC) and really enjoyed it.

What games are you currently playing and can recommend?

My rig:

Intel i7 4790k
Asus Maximus Formula MOB
2 SSD Hard Drives
1 1tb mechanical drive
EGVA ATX 780 video card
Corsair 760T case
Corsair H105 CPU cooler
ASUS 24" VG248 monitor

I loved - loved XCOM. Awesome re-do of a great game.

Titanfall is pretty bad arse too

Old 09-23-2014, 09:44 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I personally am a huge fan of Minecraft. It doesn't necessarily need your high powered rig and the graphics are just plain awful, however the game itself is amazing. Plus with a rig like that you can play everything on high and set it to the farthest distance possible which would come in very handy if you have large builds and want to enjoy a nice view.
I've thought about trying Minecraft, but it seems it's geared toward the younger crowd. I'm rather limited on video game time so I'd hate to waste any time getting into a game that doesn't hold my attention all too well.

I'm 27 and would love a game I can play on a reasonably fast laptop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games