Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 01:20 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
How good is it as a single player game ? I know it's a mmo but some mmos can be "soloed". And quite frankly, If I invest in this (and I've been thinking about it for a while), it would be more a casual, "let's walk around the world" kind of game for me, rather than raiding bosses and whatnot with a ton of people focused on dps or whatnot.
Can it pull it off ?
I play it strictly solo. I'm like you, prefer to play it solo and explore at my own pace. Never could get into the MMORPG games where everyone needed to play a specific role (healer, DPS, etc.). I prefer to just go solo, at my own pace, with my own build, but still RP it. This game (and all the DLC) allows me to do that. Its a blast. I have to admit that for a couple of the boss/end quest fights I was glad others were there to help. Couldnt have done a few of them if other folks werent around as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 03:12 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Good to hear! I've been playing a bit of the Division lately, and the game allows me to do exactly that : I can solo ~95% of the time, sometimes I team up for the more challenging fights but that's it.
Sigh.. i guess I'll have to buy

Old 11-30-2016, 05:47 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I play it strictly solo. I'm like you, prefer to play it solo and explore at my own pace. Never could get into the MMORPG games where everyone needed to play a specific role (healer, DPS, etc.). I prefer to just go solo, at my own pace, with my own build, but still RP it. This game (and all the DLC) allows me to do that. Its a blast. I have to admit that for a couple of the boss/end quest fights I was glad others were there to help. Couldnt have done a few of them if other folks werent around as well.
I love strictly solo; but, unfortunately, the Skyrim Online will force you to team up. Yes there is a very large 'world' that you can play through without teaming up. However, in the 'Group' areas; you need a distraction (somebody else or something else for the large groups of monsters to hammer on besides you). For some of the areas/caves it isn't just a matter to keep trying and dying; your equipment looses durability when you die. The 'durability' does not fade that fast; so you can try more than one time (which I have) - but, sooner or later, you see the hand writing on the wall and decide you better get better equipped or leveled up. On the other hand I have tried again when leveled up and with better equipment to still get my butt kicked.

I actually got tired of trying after a while and now I am playing Grim Dawn that I got on sale from Steam. I will go back to the Online when I get tired of this other game (but it plays pretty good and a lot of game for the $15 I paid in a Steam sale). The current price is $25 - which still is not a bad price.

I have 'grouped' with some on the Online. I think what drives me nuts is the waiting. You see so many players waiting for other players to join them. Unfortunately there is always a distraction - the phone rings, people have to go to the bathroom or eat or go to work. You can stand around and wait for somebody that will never show up. Before they do show up; you get tired of waiting and you leave to take care of whatever you have to do. The game will not let you just stay 'inactive' forever - it will log you off as you have already found out.

Enjoy the game while you can. My vote for best game is still for the Elder Scrolls.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:02 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
A dry spell for sure now.

Latest game available to rent via Redbox is "The Last Guardian."

I didn't care much for ICO and never played "Shadow of the Colossus" and the game itself seems to have mixed reviews. The control and design in particular seem wonky in many places. Not my cup of tea, will just watch a play through on youtube.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:07 AM

17,307 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Elder Scrolls Online was a a huge disappointment for me. Not even worth the price of free that I got it.

Grim Dawn is a good game. Have my name in the credits...for contributing to the kickstarter. Not as good as the Titan Quest games. If you like Grim Dawn but haven't played those definitely check them out.

Last played Mass Effect 2. Playing through the trilogy now that it is backwards compatible on the One. Plus getting ready for Andromeda.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:07 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,891 times
The Witcher 3

I just cannot get enough of it!

Old 12-11-2016, 04:09 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Elder Scrolls Online was a a huge disappointment for me. Not even worth the price of free that I got it.

Grim Dawn is a good game. Have my name in the credits...for contributing to the kickstarter. Not as good as the Titan Quest games. If you like Grim Dawn but haven't played those definitely check them out.

Last played Mass Effect 2. Playing through the trilogy now that it is backwards compatible on the One. Plus getting ready for Andromeda.
I actually had Titan Quest and for some reason I did not play the game. Perhaps I bought The Elder Scrolls and got carried away! I don't know what the difference is; but Steam has the Anniversary Edition available for $19.95 now. It gives you plenty of entertainment for your $20. The only thing I don't like is that I cannot hit my Windows key to back out to Windows when the game is paused.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:13 PM

652 posts, read 681,686 times
I've been playing Mafia III on XBox One. However, it won't auto save anymore for whatever reason. So, I quit playing it for now. I'm disappointed as the Xbox one and the game is my early christmas gift. Now, I get to watch it collect dust until I can afford to buy another game.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
I last played PACEM a few days ago (1996 DOS game)

Old 12-19-2016, 10:59 AM

652 posts, read 681,686 times
Well, I think I found the solution to Mafia III not auto saving anymore. I had to go in and reset the whole system. Luckily, I don't have anything important worth saving. So, it wasn't a big deal for me to lose whatever was on the system at the time. Anyways, the game seems to be saving now and I look forward to playing it more often
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games